Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 has been Released for Kunena 5.2 (20 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved {mos_fb_discuss:15} is quoted, no link shown

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by plunk
I upgraded Kunena, Kunena discuss and CB. After upgrade there is only 1 problem left.

My website ( www.allergie-weg.nl down below) is displaying:

{mos_fb_discuss:15}

This should be transformed into a link.

I checked:
- Category id 15 is existing and published.
- forum item is working fine
- tried this too: {kunena_discuss:23}, no effect!

Joomla 1.5.26
Kunena 2.0.0
Discuss 2.0.0
Hosting up to date!

Please help! Thanks! :(
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by plunk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
{mos_fb_discuss:15} does not work in Kunena Discuss (any version of Kunena Discuss). Please use the correct syntax. See the sticky topics in K 1.7 + Kunena Discuss (P)

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by plunk
Extra info (debug enabled):

[KunenaDiscuss debug: Constructor called in com_content ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent.Deny: There is no default Kunena category ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: we are in article/ page. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Article 75 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onPrepareContent: Searched for {kunena_discuss:#}: Custom Topic 15 found. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Loading Custom Topic 15 ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Let's see what we can do.. ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Category said U heeft geen rechten om deze pagina te openen! ]
[KunenaDiscuss debug: onAfterDisplayContent: Returning content for article 75 ]

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by plunk
Aha...

This is the information i got from there:
There are some brief instructions in every parameter -- just hover over them and you should see those. If you're not using English, logout and change language before trying.

Here are the options in order of execution (first matching rule wins):

Allow Custom Topics (Yes): Put this into your article: {kunena_discuss:3643}, where 3643 is existing topic ID. 0 = no discussion.

Category Mapping: list of category pairs (Joomla, Kunena), like this: 1,20;2,21;3,22

Default Forum Category: Kunena category, where all the other articles (=not in category mapping) are located

Allow Content Categories: list of Joomla categories which use default forum category: 1,2,3 (0 = all)

Deny Content Categories: list of Joomla categories which do not use default forum category: 4,5,6 (0 = all)

Example:
Category Mapping: 5,10;6,11
Default Forum Category: 8
Allow Content Categories: 3,4
Deny Content Categories: 0

Mapping would be: 5 -> 10, 6 -> 11, 3 -> 8, 4 -> 8
All other Joomla categories are ignored

[KunenaDiscuss debug: showPlugin: Category said U heeft geen rechten om deze pagina te openen! ]

Category said: you have no rights to open this page

I tried Category MappingCategory Mapping
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by plunk.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

plunk wrote: Allow Custom Topics (Yes): Put this into your article: {kunena_discuss:3643}, where 3643 is existing topic ID. 0 = no discussion.

Look at the syntax in the example you quoted and now compare the syntax with what you've used in the subject of this topic.

{mos_fb_discuss:15} does not work in Kunena Discuss (any version of Kunena Discuss).

Have we now answered your question?

More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
Kunena tag uses topic id, not category id as FB discuss. So you need to find what the original topic was for this discussion and change ID to point that one. As Kunena allows you to move topics after they have been created, there was no point of keeping that vague setting. You can also remove custom tag when the topic shows up in below of the article.

More
8 years 7 months ago #7 by plunk
Same discusiion is going on here: www.kunena.org/forum/178-Kunena-Discuss-...-article-and-Discuss

Struggling myself I found out:

When i go frontend to the forum, to the specific topic, the url looks like this:
/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=15&id=155&Itemid=25

id=155

{kunena_discuss:155} is the right syntax

My surprise was: 155, from Kunena category manager I would have expected 15 (see attachment 1).

I still don't understand! Why 155, where can I find that ID backend???
Attachments:

More
8 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
I do not intend to reply to both this topic and in another topic where you have asked the same question. I will leave it to you to decide what you want to do about the other topic.

To find the topic id is simple: look at the URL of the page where it is displayed on on your site's frontend; the topic id is in the URL. In your case the topic-id is 155 (the category-id is 15 but this is irrelevant). There is no way to look in the backend at the [possibly many thousands] of topics that have been created on your forum. The image you show in your last message is from the category manager. The category manager does not come into play in the discussion we are now having.

As Matias wrote, the syntax of the Kunena tag is this:

{kunena_discuss:<topic-id>}

There is also a special case, if <topic-id> is "0" then the article will not feed into any topic on your site. In other words, to prevent articles generating discussions on your forum, you would use

{kunena_discuss:0}

This matter is resolved.

More
8 years 7 months ago #9 by plunk
Thanks Sozzled for replying . For me this matter is also solved. But i would like fture visitors to read this outcome too:

In fact, (in my opinion) topic-id's do not exist. Or maybe the word topic is explained different by me and Sozzled (Kunena). Every single message has an ID. And the message-ID of the first message of a thread (or should I say category???), is what Kunena regards as topic-id.

Read here:

www.kunena.org/forum/178-Kunena-Discuss-...e-and-Discuss#127746

More
8 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled

plunk wrote: And the message-ID of the first message of a thread (or should I say category???), is what Kunena regards as topic-id.

The first message of a message "thread" (which is a very confusing and old-fashioned word) defines the topic id, yes. Categories are different. Please read Standard (consistent) Terminology?!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds