Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved No categories

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by Ciojka
No categories was created by Ciojka
Good evenig to all,
I migrate manually from joomla 1.5 to 2.5. Everything ok but I found problem with Kunena.
I am able to see topics and category only if I am logged in as Super User or Global Moderator.

I tried to cancel all db and re-install a new one clean and it is working. So I tried again to import table one by one but when I import the table kunena_categories normal user cannot see topics and categories again. You can see it only if logged as Super User or Global Moderator

thanks to all for help.

Bye

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by Ciojka
Replied by Ciojka on topic No categories
any helps?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #3 by yuzef
Replied by yuzef on topic No categories
Yeah that was common problem when you Export/Import site to another site and like your problem here is about upgrading joomla 1.5 to 2.5. Same problem when you import kunena DB to new site.

I solve the problem trough dirty way :
Import your kunena table : xxx_kunena_aliases and xxx_kunena_categories. These two DB's has connection each other. I Thing you did it and you can see the topic when you login.

Now what happen when you are not logged? you can't see any category.

1. Check and correct Level Access on your category back-end Permission. There you will see Joomla Group / Joomla Level. change it as you want as you need.

2. There another good way to do this. Open your kunena_categories database, and Change Joomla.level to joomla.group
Code:
INSERT INTO `xxx_kunena_categories`...................................bla bla bla (1, 0, 'Main Forum', 'main-forum', 0, 0, 'joomla.group', 0, 1, 1, 0, ...............................bla bla bal

Why you cannot see categories? because your DB still like this :
Code:
INSERT INTO `xxx_kunena_categories`...................................bla bla bla (1, 0, 'Main Forum', 'main-forum', 0, 0, 'joomla.level', 1, 1, 1, 8, ...............................bla bla bal

Do you see the different both ?
- joomla.group - joomla.level (make it joomla.group)
- 1, 1, 1, 8 make it like this : 0, 1, 1, 0,

all these because : 0 is for all group access. 8 is only moderator and super adminsitrator
IF you understand what i write your problem is solved .. trust me.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by yuzef.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #4 by Ciojka
Thanks I had a look but I had only one record with joomla.level.
I changed it but nothing change

I saw some other differences like this:
Code:
INSERT INTO `jos_kunena_categories` (`id`, `parent_id`, `name`, `alias`, `icon_id`, `locked`, `accesstype`, `access`, `pub_access`, `pub_recurse`, `admin_access`, `admin_recurse`, `ordering`, `published`, `channels`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `review`, `allow_anonymous`, `post_anonymous`, `hits`, `description`, `headerdesc`, `class_sfx`, `allow_polls`, `topic_ordering`, `numTopics`, `numPosts`, `last_topic_id`, `last_post_id`, `last_post_time`, `params`) VALUES (22, 19, 'OPORD', '22-opord', 0, 0, 'joomla.group', 0, 19, 1, 0, 0, 3, 0, NULL, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Gli ordini di missione per i partecipanti', '', '', 0, 'lastpost', 1, 5, 133, 811, 1272433345, ''), (23, 20, 'Struttura OBJ', '23-struttura-obj', 0, 0, 'joomla.group', 0, 19, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, NULL, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Cosa serve per fare gli OBJ e a che punto siete!!!!', '', '', 0, 'lastpost', 12, 106, 1282, 1282, 1274209940, ''), (20, 19, 'OBJ', '20-obj', 0, 0, 'joomla.group', 0, 19, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, NULL, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Qui gli OBJ da creare e i resp degli stessi', '', '', 0, 'lastpost', 20, 205, 1469, 1544, 1275501856, ''), (4, 0, 'QUATTRO CHIACCHERE', '4-quattro-chiacchere', 0, 0, 'joomla.level', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, NULL, 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0, 0, 0, '[img]http://www.gipsat.it/media/kunena/images/logo_gip.gif[/img]Qui il posto dove le nuove leve si possono presentare e dove possiamo parlare dei fattacci nostri!', '', '', 0, 'lastpost', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '{}'),

as you can see permission are different from yours 0,1,1,0

Really do not understand but I thing it's the right way to solve it
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Ciojka.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5 by Ciojka
thank you yuzef. Finally I did it with your help!!
I tried to manage the first point you suggested and now is working.

:-)

More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by yuzef
Replied by yuzef on topic No categories
Good to hear that.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds