Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question [img size=n] BBcode does not change image size on my website

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #1 by Bob Britt
Hope this is the right forum, if not, i'm sure Solves will move it where it belongs.

Here's my problem. The BBCode img resize options do not work on my site. Just updated to Kunena 2.0.4, CB 1.9 on Joomla! 1.5.26

the img tag itself works fine by itself. it's when we add the =size or =width options that things don't work. Example

Code:
[img size=75]http://www.image.com/image.jpg[/img] [img width=150]http://www.image.com/image.jpg[/img]

The first line is ignored completely. The second, width statement is ignored and the image is displayed full width. (perhaps a separate issue, in IE the image does not resize at all and laps under the forum frame. Rather get this first issue fixed at this point)

I keep reading that this was a known issue and it was resolved so what have I done to break it?
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/pull/992

Any help would be appreciated.

Here's my stuff
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : tntsmalllogo | author: Rob Mooar | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2009-10-25

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9 | UddeIM 2.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Stats 2.0.4 | Kunena Login 2.0.4 | Kunena Search 2.0.4

Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Bob Britt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #2 by Bob Britt
Is it something I said?

More
11 years 6 days ago #3 by sozzled

Bob Britt wrote: Is it something I said?

What do you mean?

I asked the development team to look into this matter for you but they have not yet had time to respond to your questions. Can you reproduce the same issues here, in this forum? Perhaps you might like to use the playground for your experiment?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Britt

More
11 years 6 days ago - 11 years 6 days ago #4 by Bob Britt
Thanks Solves, guess I was impatient. Appreciate the hard work you all put into this great product.

I have tested here on Kenena forum.
Code:
[img size=75]http://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10063/IMG_3965.JPG[/img] [img size=150]http://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10063/IMG_3965.JPG[/img]
The first line renders the image just 75px wide, the second line ignores the width statement and renders the image full size.

I've pretty much resigned to the idea that it's time to bite the bullet and migrate into J!2.5 or 3. i'm sure that will clear up the problem.
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by Jiminimonka.

More
11 years 6 days ago #5 by sozzled

Bob Britt wrote: I have tested here on Kenena forum.

Where have you tested this on the forum here? I would like to look at the image(s) you are trying to post. Maybe it has something to do with the image(s)?

More
11 years 6 days ago #6 by Bob Britt
Er...right there in my previous post. :whistle:

You're more than welcome to look at my azaleas but I don't think that's the culprit.

You can see my website, I'll be glad to arrange the same test to be public for you.

More
11 years 6 days ago #7 by sozzled
There is not "width" parameter for the IMG tag. This explains why the image did not resize.

The correct setting should have been
Code:
[img size=150]http://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10063/IMG_3965.JPG[/img]

Nice azaleas! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Britt

More
11 years 6 days ago - 11 years 6 days ago #8 by Bob Britt

sozzled wrote:
Nice azaleas! :)

They just came into bloom this season, just in time for the Masters. :woohoo:

Has their ever been an "img width=XXX" parameter on Kunena?

Ok, that's settled, now let's see why size=XXX does not work.
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by Bob Britt.

More
11 years 6 days ago #9 by sozzled

Bob Britt wrote: Has their ever been an "img width=XXX" parameter on Kunena?

Not to my recollection. I will let you search the forum to see if there's ever been such a setting but I doubt it (and does it really matter?)

More
11 years 6 days ago #10 by Bob Britt
I have a moderator who in under the assumption that it was working and he needs to edit all his post with images to correct them. I'm with you, I don't think there ever was, the forum resizes the display of the images on the fly, (except for IE but that's another issue).

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds