Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged Change browser window title

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #1 by neilblake
Hi.

I've just installed Kunena and I'm trying to change the browser title for a menu item pointing to a Kunena category list but the standard way of doing in Joomla doesn't work. Hope i'm not being stupid but does anybody know how to change this.

It currently is showing as 'category index'

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by jemecb
Replied by jemecb on topic changing browser title
hi

I am having the same problem, it just wont change no matter what I try. And also kunena menu links doesnt show meta description filled in joomla menu manager.

Havent found a solution yet. :(

More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by lungkao

More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by jemecb
Joomla 2.5.7. Kunena 2.0.2

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by neilblake
Replied by neilblake on topic changing browser title
yeah same here

Joomla 2.5.7. Kunena 2.0.2

is it a bug?

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #6 by jemecb
Dont know, i just upgrade to Joomla 2.5.7 and K 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, but in 2.0.1 i could change them. Now not.

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!
[/quote]

Joomla default template details : a4joomla-mininova | author: a4joomla.com | version: 1.2 | creationdate: June 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by jemecb.

More
11 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic changing browser title
jemecb: your configuration report does not assist anyone if you edit it. Please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? .

What do you mean "in K 2.0.1 I could change them. Now not"? If you knew, before, how you could change "them", how did you do that? What is different now, apart from the fact that you are now using K 2.0.2? Maybe you made some hack to a file in K 2.0.1 and, because you have upgraded, your hacked file has been overwritten?

More
11 years 6 months ago #8 by sozzled

neilblake wrote: Is it a bug?

No, as far as I know, this is not a bug. There's the standard way that Kunena works (and you see it here when you browse the pages at www.kunena.org ) and there is the way that you want things to work. Some people prefer their own way to the standard way. That's OK. Kunena is open-source software and you are free to change it any way that you like. The Kunena developers do not necessarily have to explain exactly what you need to change or where you need to make the changes.

This is a community-driven, self-help forum where members of the community can help one another find answers. I realise that I am not giving you a specific answer to the question but I also ask you to remember that there is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by jemecb
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : a4joomla-mininova | author: a4joomla.com | version: 1.2 | creationdate: June 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-02

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 2.0.2

I hope this is ok.

First I downloaded Slovenian Kunena 2.0.1 with language pack sl.SI. After two weeks I upgraded to 2.0.2 thru Joomla.

I havent done anything with php. In K 2.0.1 I added meta description and set page titles in joomla menu managaer under specific kunena menu item. Then the meta description showed up when viewing source.
Now, in 2.0.2, added meta description and title do not not reflect to page. Information is saved in menu item manager but nothing happens.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
The "meta description" issue is a separate issue from changing the browser title. Please use a different topic to discuss that issue.

How did you change the browser title in K 2.0.1? Can you tell us how you did that? This may then help others understand better the problem that you are trying to describe. Thank you.

I suggest that you also try to restore your Kunena menu to the default, standard Kunena menu. There is a video in The Kunena Menu that shows you how to do that.

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds