Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged How to change Recent Topics Time Period from "month" to "year"

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by kross76
I want the Recent Topics Time Period to be set at 1 year (this is how many topics are shown when you go to the recent topics tab). I've set it to Year on the back end, but it still seems to default to "month". On the front end, if I pull down the list and set it at "year", it works OK until the next time I go to the site.

Note - this is Kunena 2.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.7

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

kross76: Thank you for a very good question. Actually there are two very good questions here.

The first question is "How do you change the Recent Topics menu item so that it displays results from the past year instead of only the past month?" This is done, as TKtemp wrote a couple of posts ago, by changing the option in the menu item.

The second question (which was implied by showing us the screenshot) is "How is the configuration setting Recent Topics Time Period used?" That's a very good question! The configuration setting should have a better explanation. This is my explanation for how this setting is used: "This is the default value for displaying recently-posted topics and for when this view is not generated from a menu item. This value is overridden by the preferences in the menu item."

You may wonder, how can you generate a "recent topics" page except by using a menu item. One example is the "see more" link at the foot of the Kunena Latest module. The "see more" link uses the settings in the forum configuration. I hope this explanation helps. :)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds