Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important Fatal Error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in libraries/joomla/application/component/view.php on line 628

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
The last time that I encountered these kinds of HTTP 500 errors on a J! 1.5 website using the ja_rutile template (designed in 2008!), the solution we used was to disable most of the "extra" JoomlArt plugins and modules and this fixed the problem. It took us about 2 hours to find the cause, too! I'm 99.9% certain this this problem is not caused by Kunena but the problems happens to Kunena. What does JoomlArt have to say about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12 by skybax
hmm im using the same template, i will try the disable method to see if anything changes

LE: at firt look i dont have any active plug-ins from JA i dont even use the T3 framework
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by skybax.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled
I do not know what else to suggest. If this were my website, I would not be waiting for nearly a week to try to see if there was a problem with Kunena until I had proven, for sure, that there was nothing else running on my website that could possibly conflict with pages where Kunena was being used.

When I look at your website I don't see anything particularly strange about it. We have received a few reports involving the ja_rutile template but, to be honest with you, most of those involved your website. I could be quite wrong about the ja_rutile template (or other JoomlArt software) being involved. This is indeed a puzzle and I don't have a ready answer for you.

Simple question that you could answer: have you tried the When all else fails, try this approach?

I was able to change my vote here, on a test poll at www.kunena.org , and I did not get any HTTP 500 error. I wonder why that is the case? Same version of Kunena as you, different Joomla and template, of course, but otherwise no substantial differences that I can see.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 months ago #14 by xillibit
I need to see the backtrace to search what is causing it. So just enable debug into Kunena configuration panel and disable debug mode in Joomla! configuration panel and tell me if you more details on the issue

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #15 by skybax

sozzled wrote: Simple question that you could answer: have you tried the When all else fails, try this approach?

I will make a test website and see if i get the same error and i will report back

xillibit wrote: I need to see the backtrace to search what is causing it. So just enable debug into Kunena configuration panel and disable debug mode in Joomla! configuration panel and tell me if you more details on the issue

with kunena debug i get the same error and no more info

This message contains confidential information

More
11 years 6 months ago #16 by xillibit
Do you have tried in admin ?

In the future we need to display the backtrace to have more details on the issue in the cases like that.

Can-you open /administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php and comment line 19 to 40 like that :
Code:
public static function initialize() { /*if (!self::$enabled) { self::$debug = JDEBUG || KunenaFactory::getConfig ()->debug; self::$admin = JFactory::getApplication()->isAdmin() || KunenaUserHelper::getMyself()->isAdmin(); register_shutdown_function('kunenaShutdownHandler', self::$debug || self::$admin || KUNENA_PROFILER); if (!self::$debug) return; @ini_set('display_errors', 1); self::$handler = true; if (version_compare(JVERSION, '1.7', '>')) { // Joomla 1.7+ @error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT); JFactory::getDBO()->setDebug(true); } else { // Joomla 1.5 and 1.6 @error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_STRICT); JFactory::getDBO()->debug(1); } set_error_handler('kunenaErrorHandler'); self::$enabled++; }*/ }

Re-try to change your vote and normally you will have the backtrace, undone the changes after that you have the details

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #17 by skybax

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #18 by skybax
I have Disabled Kunena Latest and i was able to complete the vote change with no error but i dosent move the vote from option 1 to option 2

More
11 years 6 months ago #19 by xillibit
I will try to reproduce the issue on my local machine with all information that you have gived :)

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds