Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question J! 2.5.0 - not compatible with K 1.7.1 - Internal server error

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by darkcloud
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.5 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at thehissingcreeper.com Port 80

Heres my Configuration report.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : jrgwebrev4 | author: Idkairplane & Darkcloud | version: 1.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-07

Kunena default template details : EVOLUTION SLATE - FREE Kunena 1.6 template | author: www.TemplateKunena.com | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-06-01

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by CheechDogg
Hello darkcloud and welcome to Kunena.org.

I just visited your site and I went to the forums, clicked on several threads I did not get any error.

This looks to be a server side error from your host. I get these errors when there is a server overload of some sort.

Can you check again to see if you are still getting that error?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, darkcloud, and welcome to Kunena.

See the forum announcement made yesterday:

Joomla has today released J! 2.5.0 and, as part of the release, informed all J! 1.7.x users of this availability and recommendation to upgrade. While we all welcome the announcement of J! 2.5.0 as the start of the next long-term release of Joomla, K 1.7.1 is not fully operable under J! 2.5.0.

J! 1.7 users will receive advice of the automatic upgrade availability of J! 2.5. They should be aware that, if they upgrade to J! 2.5.0, K 1.7.1 will not work without problems. These issues are currently being looked into by the Kunena development team. The Kunena team has been involved for the past three months in building and testing K 1.7.2 which is nearly ready for public release. K 1.7.2 has been tested to work under J! 2.5.0.

A public announcement will be made when K 1.7.2 is available. Members of the Kunena community are invited to subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena so that they will be informed by email when K 1.7.2 is available for download and upgrade.

In general terms, if you receive "internal server error" messages, I would suggest that you read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error for advice on what you should do to diagnose and attend to your problem. 404 errors using indicate SEO or Joomla menu problems. CheechDogg is right, there is a misconfiguration in your website, somewhere. However, given the advice that I posted at the beginning of my reply, it's not surprising that you have encountered a problem. I'm sorry that you have a problem.

We expect to have K 1.7.2 available for public release in the next couple of days - I hope so - but we still have a bit of work to do to put the final preparations in place.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by darkcloud

CheechDogg wrote: Hello darkcloud and welcome to Kunena.org.

I just visited your site and I went to the forums, clicked on several threads I did not get any error.

This looks to be a server side error from your host. I get these errors when there is a server overload of some sort.

Can you check again to see if you are still getting that error?

I still get the error. Other people have reported the error as well.

sozzled wrote: G'day, darkcloud, and welcome to Kunena.

See the forum announcement made yesterday:

Joomla has today released J! 2.5.0 and, as part of the release, informed all J! 1.7.x users of this availability and recommendation to upgrade. While we all welcome the announcement of J! 2.5.0 as the start of the next long-term release of Joomla, K 1.7.1 is not fully operable under J! 2.5.0.

J! 1.7 users will receive advice of the automatic upgrade availability of J! 2.5. They should be aware that, if they upgrade to J! 2.5.0, K 1.7.1 will not work without problems. These issues are currently being looked into by the Kunena development team. The Kunena team has been involved for the past three months in building and testing K 1.7.2 which is nearly ready for public release. K 1.7.2 has been tested to work under J! 2.5.0.

A public announcement will be made when K 1.7.2 is available. Members of the Kunena community are invited to subscribe to the category Official Announcements and News about Kunena so that they will be informed by email when K 1.7.2 is available for download and upgrade.

In general terms, if you receive "internal server error" messages, I would suggest that you read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error for advice on what you should do to diagnose and attend to your problem. 404 errors using indicate SEO or Joomla menu problems. CheechDogg is right, there is a misconfiguration in your website, somewhere. However, given the advice that I posted at the beginning of my reply, it's not surprising that you have encountered a problem. I'm sorry that you have a problem.

We expect to have K 1.7.2 available for public release in the next couple of days - I hope so - but we still have a bit of work to do to put the final preparations in place.

So your saying its because of an update?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by lout
All,

I had the same error but upgrading UddeIM to version 2.6 did the trick in my case. after that no errors anymore and the forum working fine.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Lout

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled

darkcloud wrote: So your saying its because of an update?

We're not exactly saying that. We're trying to say that there are known problems that affect the way that K 1.7.1 works in J! 2.5 (and we are aware of a couple of serious problems). Some people may not encounter those problems. You have to remember that the testing team carries out a lot of tests: test of features that some people may never use, tests of features that some people will use all the time. K 1.7.1 is only tested with the Blue Eagle template. If you are using a different template then you should try using the Blue Eagle template for K 1.7.1.

But that does not necessarily explain the "internal server error". HTTP 500 Internal Server Error may help you to understand more about the issues you are having. It's possible that the problems are having are not caused by Kunena or that there's nothing you can do with Kunena to fix those problems. It's possible that the solution will be to use K 1.7.2. There are many possible reasons why you are getting an "internal server error" problem. There is no simple cure for every kind of "internal server error"; every case needs to be analysed individually and fixed in a different way.

More information from using Joomla/Kunena debug may help; just as easily, using the Blue Eagle template may help or using K 1.7.2 when it is released. I'm sorry, but this is a really difficult case that cannot easily be addressed on the forum in a short time. I don't have a specific recommendation for you at this time, either, because the solution depends mainly on how important it is for you to use J! 2.5 at the moment and how much skill and knowledge you have with Joomla and your ability to fix the problems yourself. I can't answer those questions for you.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by oates
Kunena 1.7.1 working fine on J 2.5 for me. Any word on 1.7.2?

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

oates wrote: Any word on 1.7.2?

I believe we have answered that question as best we can with the information available at the time. We are currently working on releasing K 1.7.2 within the next 24 hours but this, of course, depends on people being available to do the necessary preparation work. It usually takes a couple of people about 3-4 hours to do everything that is needed. Before we commit the new release, however, we want to have one final round of checking. There's no point in rushing things. Worse, it would be a disaster if K 1.7.2 was released with anything seriously wrong in it.

FYI, this website has been running K 1.7.2 for the past 24 hours. We haven't seen any problems with it, yet.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by ituxxl
Hello, i had the same Problem with Internal Server error (after upgrade to joomla 2.5), but i found out the the component uddeim (personal messages) was the problem, after uninstall kunena forum works normal fine. Maybe this info can help.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled
  • JomSocial 2.x; 2.6 (J! 2.5)
  • Community Builder 1.7 (J! 1.7); 1.8 (J! 2.5)
  • uddeIM 2.x; 2.6 (J! 2.5)
  • Alpha User Points 1.5.12 (J! 1.5); 1.6.3 (J! 1.7)

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds