Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question K 1.6.4

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by gordono
K 1.6.4 was created by gordono
Hi There,

I have read many times about release will be next weeks since a long time now.
Now I would like to ask if there is any ETA?

Thank you.
Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: K 1.6.4
The development of K 1.6.4 started almost as soon as K 1.6.3 was released to the public. K 1.6.3 was released to the public on 31-Jan-2011. Therefore, the "long time" that is implied in gordono's message is really only 6 weeks. We could shorten this "long time" if you would like that, by issuing a new release every day but I think that might make it impossible to support the community if there were as many versions of Kunena in use as there were people who were using it.

When you look back over the history of Kunena, since it came on the scene in early 2009, there have been about two dozen maintenance releases or, on average, a new release every month. This seems to be a reasonable timeframe that is acceptable to most people. K 1.6.4, on the other hand, is a significant maintenance update as the preliminary release notes indicate. It is important that all the software changes are thoroughly tested and that they do not add new problems to Kunena.

This question, when will "next version" be released is often asked. For example, see 1.6.3 - Estimated release date

There's not easy way to answer this question once, and once only, so that people will clearly understand the situation. So, I will repeat the same answer that we have written on many times before (and I hope other people will forgive me for being tiresomely repetitious) for gordano's benefit:

Official announcements about the release of changes to Kunena are publicised on the forum. K 1.6.4 has not yet been made publicly available. I do not have a release date for you at this time. I think that it should be reasonable to conclude that, because information about the upcoming version of Kunena actually exists on the Wiki, the release of K 1.6.4 should be expected soon. Thank you for your interest and I hope that you continue to enjoy the use of Kunena, the forum and the community that supports it. :)
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hkymre, camsarim, gordono

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by gordono
Replied by gordono on topic Re: K 1.6.4
Thanks for your reply!
In fact long time was maybe wrong choosen but maybe it was a result of patiently waiting for a J1.6 working release. I hoped that Kunena would be ready at J1.6 release as well.
The question for a ETA came up as I have read a few time "soon +- weeks" or "very soon" or "within a few days".
So I thought that this could be an indicate of an ETA otherwise this would be a bit confusing. ;)
Anyway I will enjoy this great community and you product... and I will ask you again in X weeks :whistle: ;)

Gordon

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: K 1.6.4
That's OK, Gordon. To be honest with you, we had hoped that K 1.6.4 should have been released about two weeks ago ... but there are always those last minute snags that prevent things going as we'd like them. When we've written "soon" we really mean soon. Soon doesn't mean hours but it also doesn't mean months, either. Soon usually means, within the next two weeks barring unforeseen circumstances such as sickness or the unavailability of key people who are involved in the mechanics of the release process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: camsarim

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by fribse
Replied by fribse on topic Re: K 1.6.4
How much is going to be 1.6.4 within a few weeks?
I mean not just the forum, but also the search plugins etc.?

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #6 by aka343
Replied by aka343 on topic Re: K 1.6.4
I`m waiting... waiting... still waiting... for 1.6.4.. :)
this new version will have auto user sync??
The following user(s) said Thank You: irradiate

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #7 by checksum
Hello,

When are you planning to release Kunena 1.6.4?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #8 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: checksum

• neosaga
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #9 by neosaga
Replied by neosaga on topic When will release Kunena 1.6.4 ?
Joomla 1.6.3 has released. Who can tell me when could release Kunena 1.6.4?

• neosaga
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #10 by neosaga
Replied by neosaga on topic Re: K 1.6.4
Anybody answer me?

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds