Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged Private Message / Private Messaging / PM extensions for Kunena

More
14 years 8 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #1 by carterx
I have decided to not go with JomSocial with my new site and just going with the forum but looking to get an idea of what PM component best works with Kunena.

I'm not sure if I'm going to run Community Buidler or not so looking for something else.

I noticed in the Kunena PM option the following;

My PMS OpenSOurce
Clexus PM
Uddeim
JIM
Missus
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes; change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The only PM system which works with Kunena and which activley developped is UddeIm, this a PM system very popular, I had writed indications ot integrate it with Kunena : docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_integra...tem_UddeIM_in_Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by carterx
Thanks, will give this a try later.

More
14 years 8 months ago #4 by DTP2
I use Uddeim on three sites. Easy to set up and works like a charm. Recommend it.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5 by forumspod
I've seen a number of PM extention options that I can select in joomla but it doesn't work in kenuna. I can't find anyhing in the forums that shows you how to activate it. does anyone know a link to a help page?

Cheers.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, mate :)

I use uddeIM - works great for me (I use it at my demo site ... go there and you'll find more info in the FAQ) - it's free! You need to install the PM software, then you need to tell Kunena that you want to use it (Components » Kunena Forum » Kunena Configuration » Integration » Private Message component).

See also Send private message to other users? and what we had to say about them. :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #7 by forumspod
which version should i use? i down loaded version uddeIM 1.8 Binary but it wouldn't install says it can't find the install xml file. I'm installing it from the zip file?

More
14 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
Typically, when installing uddeIM, you need to download a file called uddeIM_<version>_unzip1st.zip. (Community Builder is packaged similarly.) This means that you have to unzip the .ZIP archive (which, itself, contains other .ZIP archives that can be installed) first before can install the requisite parts. Read the "readme" instructions that come with the package. This explains why the Joomla installation failed because it couldn't find the XML file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: salvok5

More
14 years 7 months ago #9 by forumspod
I'll have a look at it tomorrow - cheers, Bruce. zzzzzz

More
14 years 5 months ago #10 by MACDSE
PM? I don't have a pm system on my joomla site or forum. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds