Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question A couple of questions regarding Kunena

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by jgardounis
Hello everyone. I have a phpbb3 forum which -unfortunatelly- has some issues when I try to connect it to Joomla 1.7 and CB 1.7. I decided to give Kunena a try since it seems to be 100% compatible with CB in general.

Before I make the transition I have a number of questions that I need answering, if anyone is willing:

1) Can I use a phpbb3 template in a kunena forum? Can it be done in general, and how? Is a Kunena template any different from a phpbb3 template?

2) With Kunena and CB will the user be able to access the pms from the site?

3) Can I have the site menu showing on the Kunena forum?

Thank you in advance,

J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

1) phpbb3 templates doesn't work under kunena. Kunena templates needs Kunena and Joomla! to work.
2) I'am not exactly sure about this one, in kunena integration you can set private messaging integrated with CB, UddeIm
3) Where on the kunena forum ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, jgardounis, and welcome to Kunena.

I have tried to answer your questions in blue below.

1) Can I use a phpbb3 template in a kunena forum? Can it be done in general, and how? Is a Kunena template any different from a phpbb3 template? Kunena templates are different from phpBB3 templates and, in a technical sense, the answer is no. It is possible, however, to develop a template that looks similar to phpBB3 and some people have developed their own templates for that purpose. See the KED page for examples of third-party Kunena templates.

2) With Kunena and CB will the user be able to access the pms from the site? Kunena does not have its own PMS but interfaces to a few PMS exist including uddeIM and CB. See Kunena 1.6.5 Read Me for more information.

3) Can I have the site menu showing on the Kunena forum? Kunena is a native Joomla extension . You are limited by the power of your imagination (and the Joomla site template) in terms of what menus you can display.

EDIT: Sorry, xillibit and I were working on the answer at the same time.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by jgardounis
Thats amazing! A reply within mere minutes :)

Thank you both for your answers, just some clarification though:

2) So, I guess my question of whether the pms of an imported database can be transferred to a new site with Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7 and Kunena, should be addressed at the CB forum, correct?

3) @xillibit: I want it to show much like it does in the CB site, meaning both site and forum menus show in both forum and site pages.
@sozzled: Is there a tutorial of some sort that explains the proceedure?

Thank you again for your prompt answers, really means a lot.

J.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Q2. If you want to know more about CB's PMS then, yes, you should see what Joomlapolis has to say on the matter. If you want to know more about uddeIM then, likewise, you should approach the author of that component.

Q3. Basically we're talking "standard" Joomla. If you don't know much about Joomla then I suggest you look at some of the books referred to at the end of K 1.6 Installation Guide . As I wrote earlier, depending on what you want to do, you're really only limited by your imagination and your familiarity with Joomla in terms of what is displayed on a Joomla website. Kunena is not really involved in what modules - think of menus as modules - you might want to display or where to display them.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: big_d83

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by jgardounis
So from what I understand, the process is practically automated. Thats very nice.

Thank you for the reply. I will look into it :)

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds