Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Can users save a post before submitting?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by X-Bumble
Hi all,

I currently have a client using Kunena 1.6.x. The client wants the users to be able to choose 'new topic', write out the post and then save it before they post it. This is to stop the user losing their post should something go wrong when they submit their finished post.

This does not seem to be presetn in 1.6, does this exist in 1.7 or is it junt no included at all?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
K 1.7.2 fixed those problems. K 1.6.whatever-your-client-is-using is not supported. Recommend that your client upgrades to K 1.7.2.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by omri
how its being fixed?
Is there a way to save posts in 1.7.2 ??

Thanks

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by omri
Sorry for my ignorance, but where is the 'save' button?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
X-Bumble wrote:

The client wants the users to be able to choose 'new topic', write out the post and then save it before they post it. This is to stop the user losing their post should something go wrong when they submit their finished post.

The saving is done automatically. There is no "save" button.
The following user(s) said Thank You: omri

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by woonydanny
I am running K1.7.2 and i still get reports from my users that they have typed out a long forum post and click submit and they lose all their work as it must time-out or something.

it would be good if there was a save button for those who want to be on the safe side before they spend an hour writing a good forum post then only to lose it all. it is very frustrating for them.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
What are your Joomla and Kunena session length times (which would explain the time-outs)?

If I'm going to spend an hour writing a forum message, I would use something like Notepad and periodically copy/paste my BBcode-embedded text from my browser screen to it ... just to make doubly sure. There you go! There's a simple, no-cost to develop, user-driven save feature! ;)
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9 by woonydanny

sozzled wrote: What are your Joomla and Kunena session length times (which would explain the time-outs)?

If I'm going to spend an hour writing a forum message, I would use something like Notepad and periodically copy/paste my BBcode-embedded text from my browser screen to it ... just to make doubly sure. There you go! There's a simple, no-cost to develop, user-driven save feature! ;)

yes i would too use notepad, but i cant say that for my 10,000 users. Most of them wouldnt even know what Notepad is. If a button was there that they could intermittently save their post, then they could write long posts with more comfort.

alot of users dont write long ones anymore because they are afraid they will lose it when it times out.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
peetree21: There are, indeed, many solutions to this and other issues that you have raised. I have offered to you, on several occasions before, opportunities to discuss your concerns with me (away from the forum). The offer remains open to you.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds