Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question PLZ make a official Kunena search bot plugin for Joomla search module.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #1 by sxmgenius
When we used Joomla search module to found infomations on the website, we couldn't search the post in Kunena at one time. We need a search bot pluging for Kunena.
I only found third party search bot plugin which was modified from Fireboard, and it not work well.
I think it is necessary and many people will need it.
TIA

BTW
I real like Kunena!
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sxmgenius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

read the last item on the kunena twitter : twitter.com/kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #3 by sxmgenius
sorry guy, twitter was banned by Chinese government~~~~~~
I jus wanna say f cn gov!

More
14 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
It said that :

JXtended: Finder 2.0 Beta2 released, now with support for #Kunena and Joomla Categories/Sections!

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5 by sxmgenius
hi, xillibit
I don't think using a third-party component to resolve this question is a good solutions.
For a well-rounded joomla forum component, own search bot is real necessary.

More
14 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
sxmgenius wrote:

I don't think using a third-party component to resolve this question is a good solutions.

Are are saying that you think the Joomla core search function should comprehensively search all data on a website? Does that correctly summarise your observation? :)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #7 by sxmgenius
sozzled wrote:

sxmgenius wrote:

Are are saying that you think the Joomla core search function should comprehensively search all data on a website? Does that correctly summarise your observation? :)

hi, sozzled
So you think i sould complain that why joomla core search can not search full website ? :woohoo:

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
sxmgenius wrote:

So you think i should complain that why joomla core search module can not search full website?

Well, you were the one who suggested that "third-party components ... [were not] good solutions", didn't you? If you have ideas for improving the Joomla core search function, I think your intended audience is the wider Joomla community: you might try forum.joomla.org . :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by kamil_w
I've find out, that when I write something into Joomla search box (like one this site on the top) the text is searched only on Joomla (not on Kunena). Is there any change to use that search box to search text on the forum?

More
13 years 11 months ago #10 by Cerberus
as sozzled said above that a question for forum.joomla.org not the guys here as that search box is a joomla element and not a kunena one :)

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds