Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Joomla ACL Hack for user groups + Kunena Inherits the groups without any modification!

More
14 years 10 months ago #11 by JBHawaii
Will do Linzty, great suggestion :)

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #12 by JBHawaii
Lintzy, how do I add a sub-category? I can't figure out how to add a sub-category called User Groups & Permissions.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by JBHawaii.

More
14 years 9 months ago #13 by Lintzy
There is no need for sub-category.

Log in into Kunena Documentation (Wiki) -> Write in the search field on left side the complete title of your article. The Wiki will not found it, but it will ask you, to build this article. Please do this and then put into this article:

Category: Version 1.0
Category:Version 1.0.8
Category:Version 1.0.9
Category:Version 1.0.10
Category:Version 1.0.11
Category:Version 1.5.3
Category:Tips and tricks

More
14 years 9 months ago #14 by JBHawaii
Great, Thanks so much Lintzy :) Will get to this right away... should be up within 12 hours or so Thanks again :)

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #15 by Lintzy

More
14 years 9 months ago #16 by webdesigner
Does this mod work for you the normal content items as well? (articles, etc). Not working for me. Articles will display when logged in under super admin, but when logged on as a user with the same access level. Any suggestions on which file to check to fix this?

More
14 years 9 months ago #17 by psy
Hi guys,

amazing. I tried to convince kunena to accept multiple Usergroups (assigned via jxcontrol) but was not successful, yet;

www.kunena.com/forum/110-user-contributi...ups-using-jx-control

@JBHawaii: Maybe you have any idea how to continue?

Thanks in advance.

More
14 years 9 months ago #18 by JBHawaii
@psy I have responded to your post on that thread thanks.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #19 by Pocketss
Thank you for the great tutorial. Very easy to follow. I have a few questions though.

1st some background information. I am creating a website for a world of warcraft guild. I was able to add the user groups to the database. Now I am working on code. Also, got the db table to rebuild. Do I remove the code from "/administrator/components/com_users/admin.users.php"?

Next step: editing "/administrator/components/com_users/views/view.html.php." - I couldn't find this file.

was able to complete the next few steps, until i get to the follow. I have some questions.

in com_users\controller.php
Code:
if ($acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Registered') || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Public Backend')) { $user->set('aid', 2); }

do i change it to
Code:
if ($acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Registered')) { $user->set('aid', 2); } if ($acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Guest') || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Initiate')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Member')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Raider')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Veteran')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Officer')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Gm')) || $acl->is_group_child_of($grp->name, 'Public Backend')) { $user->set('aid', 9); }

I was able to follow the other changes. I couldn't follow this one.

Appreciate any and all the help!

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #20 by JBHawaii
@Pocketss,

you can remove the code from the view.html.php file, and as far as controller.php goes you need only to do that if you want content to follow the custom user groups. I would also recommend you update the access levels with can be found in the database table "jos_groups" this is also assuming you have "jos" as the table prefix.

On a second note I would recommend though that you give JXControl a shot, it is a native joomla component that allows you to do the same thing without hacking you db or files.

a link to the thread discussion is here: www.kunena.com/forum/114-hacks/9208-rest...it=10&start=60#22824

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by JBHawaii.

Time to create page: 0.843 seconds