Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, these ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Kunena K1.5.3 + Kunena 1.5.4 - Change Profilebox to the left side and textbox on right side

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #1 by JBHawaii
This is easy...

Replace: "/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/message.php"

with the one attached to this post.

Open: "/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/kunena.forum.css"

Change: kunena.forum.css (line: 695) to this!
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-left { background:#EFF0F4 none repeat scroll 0 0; border-left:1px solid #BFC3C6; border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6; min-width:170px; vertical-align:top; width:170px; }

Change: kunena.forum.css (line: 703) to this!
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-right { border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6; padding:5px 10px; vertical-align:top; }

Change: kunena.forum.css (line: 866) to this!
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-left-b { background:#EFF0F4 none repeat scroll 0 0; border-bottom:1px solid #BFC3C6; border-left:1px solid #BFC3C6; border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6; vertical-align:top; width:170px; }

Change: kunena.forum.css (line: 873) to this!
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-right-b { border-bottom:1px solid #BFC3C6; border-right:1px solid #BFC3C6; padding:1px 5px; vertical-align:top; }

and that's it...

Attachment message-20090616.zip not found

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #2 by JBHawaii
here's a sample!

K1.5.3 Modified Template by me...

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by JBHawaii.

More
14 years 10 months ago #3 by ph-jps

More
14 years 10 months ago #4 by ph-jps
Just FYI:

I also change the width of the profile to 110px. It looks fine in FF3 and IE8 but in IE7 it gives me scroll bars around the avatar :huh: I thought the code "scroll 0 0" would prevent that (it does in IE8 FF3) bij IE7 does not get that I guess :angry:

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #5 by JBHawaii
try this:

Change: kunena.forum.css (line: 734) to this!
Code:
#Kunena span.fb_avatar img { border: 1px solid #BFC3C6; padding: 1px; margin: 5px; width: 170px; }

Mahalo,
JBHawaii
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by JBHawaii.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6 by ravimanoram
hey the template looks beautiful, can u plz upload it/....

More
14 years 10 months ago #7 by JBHawaii
I will be releasing a Template Pack soon, Currently waiting for the next release just in case there are changes which affect the current 1.5.3 templates.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 10 months ago #8 by ravimanoram
JBHawaii wrote:

I will be releasing a Template Pack soon, Currently waiting for the next release just in case there are changes which affect the current 1.5.3 templates.

thanks in advance man, u truly rock!!!
By the way, if i want to change the look and all(CSS) personally,will i be able to do,i am no expert in html and css though byt have a working knowledge.
Can u suggest as to which files in 1.5.3 should be attacking.

More
14 years 10 months ago #9 by JBHawaii
It's simple actually...

The CSS file for the "default_ex" template is located here:
"/components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/kunena.forum.css"

The images you can replace with your own are located in the same directory in the images folder.

I myself am no expert at designing templates for kunena. However, there are some truly amazing members of this community who won't hesitate to offer a helping hand when you need one.

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Aloha!

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #10 by rich
Hi JBHawaii,
please may I use this guidance also for the German Kunena Wiki?

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds