Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Warning for phpBB and SMF migrators (creating new users into Joomla sends emails!!)

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by Matias
Current version of phpBB and SMF migrator sends emails in some environments when users are created into Joomla.

I'm not sure if the emails are created always or if it's just some version of Joomla where that happens.

Please provide any feedback on your Joomla version if you see this happening, as I really need some help to find out when this is happening, as I have emailing disabled in my local test environment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariotiscar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #2 by DTP2
Sorry, me again :blush: Import still not 100% without errors and had the system mailing all the users while trying to do the process all over again.

PHPBB 3.0.9
MAMP Pro (OSX Lion)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : beez5 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 21 May 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by DTP2.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
Is anyone getting the emails from Joomla 1.5 or 1.6? I will investigate what's happening in J1.7..

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by frold

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Matias

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Jiminimonka
I have an old phpbb forum/website stored as an Akeeba backup somewhere, I will give the migrator a go and get back to you, might be done over the weekend.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by CLASSIX
We did a new install joomla 1.7, kunena 1.7, migrated data from phpbb3,08, during migration started to send out mails, sent 250 of nearly 12000 before webhost disabled site for spamming, lol

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by callena
Hi
I'm new to Kunena - have been using phpBB3 for a well established forum, but we are updating our website to use Joomla & JomSocial and would prefer to use the most recent version of Joomla so am moving away from PHPBB3 as I'd need to stick with v1.5 to use the extensions which connect phpbb3.

We have a large database for phpBB3 (180MB!!!) and a large userbase so was wondering has anyone used the migrator successfully with such a large database?

Really need to avoid this issue others have reported of having emails sent out enmasse too - would cripple the server to send so many!
Many thanks,
Sadie

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #9 by CLASSIX
the database we converted was 250+MB, it will do it with ease just be aware of the mailing issue, also we had issues where £ . / - that were on the phpbb3 DB came out as a load of crap a couple of sql queries fixed that if you need them ill post them in here for you o// AS FOR MAIL ISSUE do the conversion at local level then transfer to a sql file upload via ftp then do a big dump, it will be faster and will avoid the mailing issue :-)
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by CLASSIX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: callena

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by callena
Hiya, Thanks for the help.
How would you go about doing the conversion at a local level? Did you use XAMPP or similar or will the convertor run on my windows machine?

Having issues at the moment importing the big sql dump back into phpMyAdmin (I exported so as to not work on the live db & domain) so have a copy on my local machine which I can work on easily!
:) Sadie

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds