Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Fatal error from Kunena search plugin

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by lovgret
Hi, I installed the plugin and get this error message when I try to search:
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/web256/web/libraries/joomla/plugin/plugin.php on line 102

Joomla 1.65
Kunena 1.64

What is causing this??
Please help asap.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by lovgret.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by lovgret
Now - after installing J1.7, restoring from backup J1.6, I get a blank screen only. No error messages and also a blank screen when enabling debug.

Any ideas??? :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled

lovgret wrote: Now - after installing J1.7, restoring from backup J1.6 ...

What, exactly are you saying here? Are you saying that you are now using J! 1.7? In which case, please read Important news about K 1.6.4 and J! 1.7 .

Or are you saying that you are now using J! 1.6?

Please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by lovgret
Hi, sorry for the confusion.
I experienced this problem 3 days ago - before installing J 1.7. and the problem was
Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /var/www/web256/web/libraries/joomla/plugin/plugin.php on line 102

I tried to install J1.7. today, but it failed and I also read the article you are referring to about the incompatibility between the current version of Kunena and J1.7

So --> now I rolled back to J1.6 and the problem now occurs as a white screen

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : bonusforum_20110718_hvid | author: bonus-forum.dk | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2011-07-17

Kunena default template details : Example Template | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder: The file doesn't exist comprofilej.xml ! | UddeIm: The file doesn't exist uddeim.j15.xml !

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Enable Joomla debug mode + Kunena debug mode and report any error messages that may appear.

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by lovgret
I enabled both - but no result at all in the front-end.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by lovgret
Hi,
any idea what could be wrong? No errormessages appear... just white screen :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by xillibit

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by lovgret
I did... almost. I can't access the php-ini.

And still nothing happens.... and no error message, what so ever. Just a white screen.

Can I reinstall Kunena on top of the existing Kunena installation or must I uninstall the 'old' installation first?

Regards
Henrik

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by lovgret
I just checked to see if there was a difference in the resulting URL between having Kunena search plugin enabled or not.

Plugin NOT ENABLED:
www.domainname.dk/component/search/?sear...hrase=all&Itemid=464

Plugin ENABLED:
www.domainname.dk/component/search/?sear...hrase=all&Itemid=464

--> No difference, but the result is a mere white page without any errormessage....????

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds