Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question SMF2 migrator: only one step away !

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
I had been searching for a SMF2 to Kunena migrator for a long time. Finally, Matias in Kunena team agree to make one if I contribute my Chinese language translation of Kunena to them.

Ok, this is very good idea. Several days later he worked out this SMF2 migrator and then I send him my Chinese language files.

However, in the test I found that, this migrator is half-mature, it can copy all those categories and subforums as well as posts to Kunena forum, but do nothing with attachments and avatars.

This means, all those file/image attachments in SMF2 forum and all users' avatars will NOT being transfered to Kunena during such a migration!

I contacted Matias for this many times, but he is too busy to finish this job.

Now, almost 63 days had passed since the first version of this SMF2 migrator was released. But this attachments and avatar issue still NOT solved.

Matias had mentioned that this is not a difficult job. But he did not have enought time.

I am waiting for this SMF2 migrator to help me switch my SMF 2.0 rc3 forum to Kunena 1.6. Hope someone will pick up this project soon and add this new feature to handle attachments and avatars.

This SMF2 migrator is NOT a single extension, it was merged into the KunenaImporter component which you can download through Kunena SVN( joomlacode.org/svn/kunena ).

Does anyone in Kunena official team has any spare time to finish this SMF2 migrator?

Thank you in advance.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by fxstein
We can AFTER we are done with Agora and phpBB3. Right now there is just too much else going on.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Good news! I will go on waiting.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by dgvapor
I would also like this !

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Matias
SMF2 import is pretty much complete BUT it cannot migrate avatars or attachments just yet. The reason for this is that SMF2 is really crazy on storing the files and it has 3 or 4 different ways how it can store for example avatars.

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by fairwea1
Hello,

Will that smf2 migrator also migrate passwords?

Thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by Matias
Not yet. It stores them into Joomla database, though.

FYI: migrator has been published!

More
12 years 6 months ago #8 by fairwea1
Hi,

I tested the importer. Ran into 2 problems.

1. It sent an email to my users and gave them a link to my test site. Definitely something I didn't want to happen! :huh:

2. Got a duplicate error during sessions import. It gave me an id # but it didn't give me any information as to where to find this duplicate. I skipped the rest of the sessions import and the rest went fine.

It's looking pretty good! Import avatars and passwords and I'll be in business. :)

I'd prefer a vbulletin importer but I have a vbulletin to smf2 converter which keeps password intact so I'll take it anyway I can get it!

Thanks for the hard work.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #9 by Matias
1. Yes, component should really not send emails. Which Joomla version are you using as I'm not seeing this in Joomla 1.5?

2. Can you output the exact error message to me?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Matias.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #10 by fairwea1
Joomla 1.7.0 - I received a message from one of my user that he received an email with a link to my test site. I'm assuming it send emails to everybody. Although I checked my emails and I don't see any notices?

ERROR: KunenaImporterTableSessions::store failed - Duplicate entry '73' for key 1 SQL=INSERT INTO `b6bgk_kunena_sessions` (`userid`,`lasttime`,`readtopics`,`currvisit`) VALUES ('73','1249724173','','1249724173')
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by fairwea1.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds