Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question "Show Who is Online" (Stats) shows a strangely HIGH number of users...

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by markxcool
I recently upgraded to K1.6.... I have Joomla 1.5 with Community builder managing my user registration etc.

I don't know where the "Show Who is Online" is pulling its data from, but it is completely impossible that it be accurate:

In total there are 56 users Online :: 8 Members and 48 Guests

The members number is fine, but 48 GUESTS? Joomla Watch tells me that I have much less than that.

I've tried a few options to synchronize users, but am not sure where else I can go about trying to get to the bottom of this.

Any thoughts?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 7M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Sharing and caring!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Yeah ... we know about this. Please, would you search for these kinds of questions before you ask them?

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by markxcool
Thanks, Iron Man.

Funny that I DID search for this issue before posting.

I searched for these two searches and came up with nothing or non-pertinent topics:

Show Who is Online

Show Who is Online users

If I were to do this searches now, you can see what I got (excluding the this topic).

I run a forum and get peeved when people don't shoot...er...search first and ask questions later and post in the wrong category, etc.

Perhaps I should have searched for "online users" (vs. the name of the module) in the title only, like you did. Sorry about this.

Sharing and caring!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
As you would have discovered, the problem is a Joomla problem. Kunena merely reports what Joomla knows about the number of visitors. Until such time as Joomla gets the information right, the statistics on this issue are going to be wrong. No matter how many different ways you word the term - online visitors, number of users, who is online, guest visitors, non-registered users, anonymous guests, who-is-online, etc. - the information is basically the same. Joomla gets it wrong. This is the message that I've come to understand from reading the few dozen topics that we've had on the subject. I just pointed you in the direction of a subset of all of those.

It's only my personal opinion, but I would prefer to eliminate this suspect count entirely from the statistics on my own websites. I'm too lazy to change the source code to hide the figure and I've "trained" myself to ignore the information. I get my information about who has or is visiting my websites in other ways. It's a question of personal choice. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to help you better but, like I've said several times, the accuracy about the number of guests/visitors is a subject that is raised quite often ... typically about once every week.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by seomaestro
Replied by seomaestro on topic wrong number of guests
Hello.

I noticed in Kutnena 1.6 there is wrong statistic concerning how many guests online on site.
For example, by the moment overall number of visitors per day is 700 (it's showed by different counters), but being on kunena forum I see number of users online 2-7 (it's OK), but at the same time 1400 (or something about this) guests online that's really impossible .

I rembeber that in Kunena 1.5 there was no such a problem. What's wrong with Kunena 1.6 ?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: wrong number of guests

seomaestro wrote: I remember that in Kunena 1.5 there was no such a problem. What's wrong with Kunena 1.6?

These issues occurred similarly in K 1.5.

I would also refer readers to the topic Wrong online users count
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds