Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Horizontal style not working

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by bigblue
J1.5.22 with Kunena Login v1.6.2 - when I choose horizontal style, it shows vertical ie. like a list, instead of side by side ?
I've emptied cache etc.. and I'm using 'Zephyr' RocketTheme template

Any ideas why this won't work?

Thx

SUPPORT KUNENA - The numero uno forum for Joomla !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by bigblue
..anyone ? I'd like to get this fixed soon - if possible

Thx

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by bigblue
Sorry guys, I don't wish to sound pushy or rude - but is anyone actually supporting this forum ? I still have no acknowledgement of my initial question.. and I'd like to know why this module won't display horizontally, when I have it set to horizontal ? Is this a feature that is in there, but maybe not implemented fully as yet ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

In fact, the horizontal view hasn't been implemented yet in the module

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by bigblue
Ahh.. that does explain it then.. I was thinking there was something in my template stopping it working !
Any idea if this will be implemented in the next update ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by xillibit
I don't know, if someone has css skills it will be nice if he can do it.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by halo3montage
Great to see the horizontal styling is still not working. Yes I know this is a free forum component... but give me a break. Can one of the developer spend half a day to edit a css file?

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by bigblue
I agree.. not to sound too grumpy about this, as I appreciate all the work that the developers put in - but to have a setting for horizontal that simply doesn't work, doesn't make sense. I've been waiting patiently for 1.6.4 and now that it's here I honestly thought that this would finally be functional.

I would love to use the login module horizontally so that I can use it at the top of my home page - and not vertically on a side bar - but due to the styling on my site I can't - which is a shame.

Hopefully someone will get round to it one day !

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by Moonstone

xillibit wrote: Hello,

In fact, the horizontal view hasn't been implemented yet in the module

That doesn't really make sense considering horizontal style worked in mod_kunenalogin_v1.6.0-RC2_b226_2010-08-31

I'll just revert to the old module until someone can figure out how it mysteriously vanished.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10 by Colly
I have a solution. Open file class.php, find:
Code:
// add CSS stylesheet $document->addStyleSheet ( $live_path . "modules/mod_kunenalatest/tmpl/css/kunenalatest.css", "text/css" );
and replace with:
Code:
// add CSS stylesheet $document->addStyleSheet ( $live_path . "modules/$name/tmpl/css/$name.css", "text/css" );

After that, replace "horizontal.php" file with the old one from 1.6.0 version (attached)

File Attachment:

File Name: horizontal.zip
File Size:2 KB

Can somebody of the Kunena Team check, if it's a safe way, without losing of security, etc.? :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Colly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds