Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 2.0 a new communications platform for Joomla

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by sozzled

altI am not a developer, I'm just a user, but I take a keen interest in helping the Kunena project and the community that supports it.  This is my first "'blog" about Kunena and I thought you might be interested to know some of the exciting news in tandem with the hard work put into the project by the team of hard-working developers.

Joomla and Beyond 2011

I did not have the pleasure of being able to attend this very important event that took place in Amsterdam between 5-7 May 2011.  The benefit of internet technology has delivered a way for all of us to share some of that experience courtesy of the efforts of the Joomla and Beyond team, captured on video, edited and published for all of us to see.

Like most people, I have always looked at Kunena as a text-oriented, web-based discussion forum - a product that has the same kinds of features that you would normally expect in many other web-based discussion forums and bulletin boards that have existed on the 'net for the last 15 years or more.  Indeed, Kunena did not just appear on the scene as "Kunena" - the project was itself a fork of earlier generations of forum software that have existed for several years even before Joomla was first conceived.  The major difference, however, between Kunena and other forum software is that it integrates seamlessly with Joomla and that has always been its main appeal.  But, unlike other forum software, the project is not content to leave things like that.  There is an ongoing need in the world of web apps to have a robust and scalable communications platform that can adapted to emerging technologies (e.g. mobile apps) and the needs of games, 'blogging, e-commerce, etc.

The most telling part of this tale, for me, was summarised by what Oliver Ratzesberger had to say at JAB11:

“The idea was to build a platform that can become a communications engine that you install into Joomla and deal with any sort of commenting and discussing – any user input of text that is not necessarily an article or is not done through an HTML expert (and a form-driven interface is just one way of dealing with that, right?)

“So, all the APIs that the team have crafted are really working towards building this into a platform so that other components can make use of it.

“We use it for our own internal discussions – for the Kunena project, I mean – for localised conversations (about an article for example), for localised forums of groups of people, for example – whenever we need people to talk and discuss something.”

I was recently asked, by the members of my local Joomla Users Group, to give a presentation; I chose as my subject, Web-based discussion forums: using an old idea to energise and grow your Joomla website.  To address that subject, it irrelevant about what you choose as your forum.  It's also not a question of whether Kunena should be a strategic choice:  the strategic goal is to achieve a high-yield return on your investment of time to increase user participation in your site.  In that sense, Joomla and Kunena together make an ideal tactical solution to address those needs.

Read more...
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by rinuccio sp
Many people like to switch from "Phpbb" to "Kunena".
It is time to put a converter in this new release :)
More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by Matias
We have new voting component in the front page. Just add feature requests and vote them ;)
More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
sozzled wrote:

Under this broad direction, whenever the support "plug" for J! 1.6 is pulled, likewise, support for Kunena and J! 1.6.x will also be unavailable here.

People may not be aware that the roadmap for J! 1.7 anticipates that J! 1.6 will have a very short lifespan: 10 August 2011, in fact.

This does not mean that K 1.6.x under J! 1.6.x will cease to be supported (as implied when I wrote my article before I read this latest news) but it clearly puts all users of J! 1.6 on notice to upgrade to J! 1.7 as soon as possible,
More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by kapilsahu
Can any one tell me when the kunena 2.0 is coming since i saw that the kunena team give presentation of kunena 2.0 in joomla day & told they have some site where kunena 2.0 is already running if that is the thing i think kunena 2.0 is launched in few weeks or 1 month i am thinking correct or wrong can anyone give answer to my question
More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

Kunena 2.0 was showed to Joomla And Beyond, we can't give any dates about release.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by kapilsahu
i am not asking about the exact release date i am asking about the approx. release date means in 1 month , two month, thre month or more
& i want to ask one more thing I am also a developer does your team work with another developer team to integrate kunena effeciently in other system through joomla to integrate into other system effeciently
More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by kapilsahu
Thank you for answer my questing & you have not answered my other question does your team help to other team means other team to integrate kunena effeciently in other system through joomla effeciently means my team want to make some app for eyeos to make like post & other option to be done through inside the eyeos i want your team help in it do you help us in it.
Thank you please answer this question whatever your answer yes or no after asking to your team & your team leader.
More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by drlovecat
Thanks, K2.0 Dev team.
I'm not interested in release date, because k1.6 is work as well with j1.5
But i'm interested in function, performance.
Can K2.0 Dev. summarize it?

BR,
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds