Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 1.6 RC2 Released!

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by fxstein

The Kunena Team is excited to announce the release of Kunena 1.6, Release Candidate 2. This is the second RC release and is stable enough to be used on live production websites in limited usage (primarily for testing) as long as minor issues are tolerated during the time before it becomes a final release.

Since the first release candidate of Kunena 1.6, the Kunena team has been focused on fixing over 100 bugs and issues including CSS fixes, usability issues, IE7 compatibility issues, API issues, new modules and plug-ins and adding translations for more languages.

Kunena 1.6 marks a major milestone for the Kunena Project. A long list of open source contributors have committed over 2000 changes and have helped make Kunena the leading forum solution for both Joomla 1.5 and 1.6. A long list of new features in addition to various optimizations and code restructuring have resulted in the most advanced version of Kunena to date.

We continue to put a big emphasis on usability and ease of installation. Therefore, the installer has been further enhanced to allow for multiple installation and upgrade options. It performs incremental steps to avoid timeouts on slower hosts. It automatically performs actions such as taking the forum offline during the installation or upgrade and re-enables it after completing the install.

Kunena now supports Joomla 1.6 style languages files that are backward compatible with Joomla 1.5. Multiple languages are included in the base install packages and more will be available soon. They can also be installed separately. Kunena 1.6 also support multiple languages to be installed on a single system and, together with Joomla, allows users to select their preferred language.

Templates have now been separated from the underlying code, which allows for version-independent template development. Templates can embed various options that can be set via the included template manager (e.g. avatar position on left, right, top, or bottom in the new default template, Blue Eagle).

The Kunena Team is fully committed to Joomla 1.6 and beyond and a number of modules have been developed to lay the groundwork for future releases of Joomla.

Read more...

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, squale, dauf, larry007, ChaosHead
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by dauf
Replied by dauf on topic Kunena 1.6 RC2 Released!
great release by kunena dev team!! congrats for all the hard work!!
More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by snilloconator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by woonydanny
Replied by woonydanny on topic Kunena 1.6 RC2 Released!
woohoo!!

great work team. very impressed!!!

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(
More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by Moonstone
Excellent! (Where's my 'like' button?) ;)
More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #6 by adminthptngochoi
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by adminthptngochoi.
More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by rinuccio sp
Differences between version rc 1 and rc 2???
More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by fxstein
Please see the detailed readme: docs.kunena.com/index.php/Kunena_1.6.0rc2_Read_Me

For a list of changes. In addition you can check the full CHANGELOG.php inside every distribution.

Hope this helps!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze
More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by rinuccio sp
Thanks... :)

But...

User profile access for moderators even if integrated with JomSocial, Community Builder, or others

Hot to???
I have administrator privileges, if I visit a profile (jomsocial integrated) i can't find the controls for the banks and other functions...
More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by fxstein
Please post support questions in the appropriate sections of our forums.

Thx!

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds