Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question The New Kunena Website

More
11 years 7 months ago #1 by sozzled

Welcome to the new Kunena website!

This website has undergone many changes in the four years since it was first launched. As the Kunena Project continues to grow, we know that changes are needed so that the site also reflects this growth. Therefore, we've used this opportunity to implement ideas that will ensure the project's continuity. We want to assure all members of our intention that we will continue to serve the community as we always have but there will be also be more announcements in the coming weeks about how we intend to enhance those services even further.

While we're fairly sure that you will welcome many of these changes, we've also said good-bye to a few "old faithfuls". Among those features that have disappeared are JomSocial, the Kunena Extension Directory and the "Vote for new features" feature. Another thing that had disappeared was the integrated private messaging system.

The new Kunena website relies on a standard build of Joomla and Kunena. We felt that it was important to keep things as simple as possible and future-proof the website so that, when the need arises to migrate to future versions of Joomla, we will not be hamstrung by legacy issues that may impact on site maintainability when future versions of Joomla emerge.

Designing and implementing the website for Joomla 2.5 gave us the opportunity to refocus our attention on our current and future business. Although the primary goal of Kunena as open-source, community-driven software — that is available free-for-use — remains, we're putting into action alternative methods to derive a more sustainable income stream that will assist the project into the future. These opportunities will present new challenges for all of us in terms of how people perceive the way we've assisted them to utilise a web-based discussion forum component in their websites. These challenges may be difficult for all of us to accept and how we're going to handle the difficulties that often come when change occurs.

Our policy has always been, we believe, about transparency and that's the one constant that we're sure will remain unchanged.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh, hkymre, snilloconator
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 7 months ago #2 by snilloconator
whoa! Very nice K-Team!!! Very clean and liking the responsive template.
More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by etkritikonspoudon
Yes, Kirigami from Rockettheme is pretty awesome...nice clean and yet spectacular...

I switched my site immediately to this template, but I still need to have videos resized as well, so went back to normal template...
joomlabamboo's fitvids plugin is supposed to work for AllVideos extensions as well, but did not work for me...

anyway, the page is much cleaner and more modern as well

I do miss the extra detail though..
More
11 years 7 months ago #4 by frold
Replied by frold on topic The New Kunena Website
Great job...

Would like a profile status in the header, to see if you are logged in or not :)

Eg a menu option with forum and then on with support.

Dont see why it should be difficult to get to the forum. Its a forum tool and therefore easy forum access, if you ask me :)

The red-blue kunena theme in the forum is a little too strong....

I like the follow on facebooks tabs, what module is that?

Congrates. Nice with a new layout...!
More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by xpatman
Replied by xpatman on topic New site errors
Hi
This is the first day of your new site/design for me and it looks nice but I got a lot of white blank pages after logging in, and traveling around the threads I needed to use the "back" button a lot to view the items

I am also unsure of your facebook twitter and google buttons right on the scroll bar

Anyway just my first look
More
11 years 7 months ago #6 by lavsteph
Replied by lavsteph on topic The New Kunena Website
Hi,

Very nice work for this update. ;)

A small note in passing

For credit kunena page concerns the link on this well on all versions of translation.

Redirects would be desirable for the following pending correction of translation files

Sorry for my english not always brilliant in conversation

Manager French translation
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #7 by ChaosHead
Replied by ChaosHead on topic The New Kunena Website
White, red, blue, dark blue, black, green, gray, yellow, violet. It is too much colors and a color combination is not so good. Heavy for my eyes.
The old Kunena logo was more interesting.
I liked effect upon transition between pages.

I would replace this color #0099FE with this color #5388B4. It more readable. The THANK YOU button is now painted with this color.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by ChaosHead.
More
11 years 7 months ago #8 by xamire
Replied by xamire on topic The New Kunena Website
Love the new site and styling. The new logo looks really sharp guys, good job!
More
11 years 6 months ago #9 by peternet
Replied by peternet on topic The New Kunena Website

snilloconator wrote: whoa! Very nice K-Team!!! Very clean and liking the responsive template.

I want this responsive disign in my website too.
Please tell me how is it done?
More
11 years 6 months ago #10 by machadoug
Replied by machadoug on topic The New Kunena Website
It would be much better if the Kunena forum template was also compatible with responsive Joomla templates ;-(
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds