Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Smaller display of Kunena_latest_posts module?

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by Ratman
Hi all and thanks a lot for this great Component and modules. I´ve upgraded my forum to K1.6 and I´m now trying to fine-tune the look and feel.

One thing I can´t get to fit into my site is the Kunena_latest_posts module. It is working, but it shows way too much information and is consuming too much space. At the moment it needs three lines for every post shown, first line is the topic, second is the Category and the third line shows author, date and time of the post.

Before K1.6 I had the old module running, which had shown one single line per post with topic, date and author. With that module I could easily show the latest 5 posts without consuming too much space.

Can anyone help me? You can see my site (german) at www.oldmenracing.de

Thanx alot in advance!! :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

You can disable the display of the avatar, but the others can't be disabled, maybe you can change the size of items in the module template.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by fxstein
Let me see what I can do. Just finishing up the latest module for the RC2. Matias also requested to make some of the info optional. I might add config switches for them.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by MindTooth
Managed to get the module to work. But I were bumped by the over excessive clutter the module displays.

What came to mind, as were are using the ZOO extension for our site. It has a really good way of controlling the modules output by styles. And something similar I would really suggest where done for Kunena as well.

Then you could change the layout in the back-end component of Kunena. Maybe have support for different styles to be used different part of the website.

I can only recommend that you check it out. Truly Kunena and its user would benefit mostly of such features.

P.S. If such thing were done, I can only imagine that the discussion bot would be un-needed, since you could only use the module with a set style to display the output as a "blog" or a "news"-source.

Here is ZOO:
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by Ratman

fxstein wrote: Let me see what I can do. Just finishing up the latest module for the RC2. Matias also requested to make some of the info optional. I might add config switches for them.

That´ll be great, thank you very much!

Just a suggestion: In the old module there was a field where you could explicitly define what information should be shown by placeholders, just the way it is in the "date-format"-field.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by fxstein

fxstein wrote: Let me see what I can do. Just finishing up the latest module for the RC2. Matias also requested to make some of the info optional. I might add config switches for them.

Ok this has been committed into the the RC2 version of the module. category, user and time are now optional. Any other changes in formatting you need to create a template override for it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by MindTooth
Good news :) Really looking forward to RC2 release.

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by Ratman

fxstein wrote: Ok this has been committed into the the RC2 version of the module. category, user and time are now optional. Any other changes in formatting you need to create a template override for it.

:woohoo: Nice to hear, thank you!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by fxstein
You can see a couple samples on the showcase page I am putting together:

www.kunena.com/playground/modules

This is work in progress and I will add all our Joomla modules to it over the next few days.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by MindTooth
Keep up the good work, fxstein :)

Time to create page: 1.345 seconds