Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Modules and Plugins to be upgraded to 1.6.2

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by fxstein
Now that Kunena 1.6.1 has been released, we will focus on the modules and plugins. Over the next hours and days we will release 1.6.1 versions of all our extensions.

EDIT: We are skipping 1.6.1 for the plugins and modules and are going straight to 1.6.2 as it requires some changes to Kunena itself that are shipping with 1.6.2.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by fxstein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by vatoloco
This is good news. I am eagerly waiting for the final discussbot-plugin and hope that you have found the reason why the latest test-releases of the plugin produced hundreds of identical threads. Thanks for all your hard works in advance!

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by fxstein

vatoloco wrote: This is good news. I am eagerly waiting for the final discussbot-plugin and hope that you have found the reason why the latest test-releases of the plugin produced hundreds of identical threads. Thanks for all your hard works in advance!

Glad you are posting up. That is the one thing we have not been able to reproduce. We have installed the lastest buil don various sites, never seeing hundreds of threads.

Could it be that you had a pre 1.6 version on your system? Wonder it there is something messed up with the data model.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by vatoloco
Thanx for the fast answer! A stated in the following link user Sebkun also had a similar problem:

www.kunena.org/forum/15-testers/68566-bu...hread-on-1st-comment

With plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip I didn't have that problem but I have to add that on plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip I didn't use {kunena_discuss:0} !!!

This is my situation: I have Joomfish installed and my main language is german and second language is english. With plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip I got this error without using {kunena_discuss:0}:
Code:
Error -post-: Duplicate. Identical message has been ignored.

In detail this means for e.g.: a news article in RC2 was opened up in german language and correctly mapped into the forum. With correctly I mean that it was only created 1x. But now if same news article was opened up in english language then I got the error stated above. I started also a request for joomfish support here cause I don't want my german articles mapped to the forum as the forum is only in english language:

www.kunena.org/forum/178-kunena-discuss-...botspecifiy-language

So I began to use {kunena_discus:0} for german news articles and didn't add this parameter to the english joomfish translation as I wanted the plugin to autocreate only the english articles in the forum. So I think this might be the reason for the problem since RC2! I didn't use {kunena_discuss:0} in RC2! I began to use {kunena_discuss:0} since about 1week in RC3 test-releases to avoid the Duplicate-post message and force only english articles to be autocreated in forum category. But since then I am having the issue with hundreds of identical thread-creations...

So I think I have to avoid that {kunena_discuss:0] and need either full Joomfish-Support (something like an option in plugin params to set language code de_De / en_GB) or something that disactivates the plugin on "ww.blablamydomain.com/de/" and enables it for "ww.blablamydomain.com/en/".
Maybe this detailed description can help you to solve my problem.

To answer your question if I had a pre 1.6 version on my system: No I didn't! I started to use Kunena on my site with 1.6.0.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by vatoloco.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by fxstein
Ah - I see. This issue might be related to joomfish. We have not tested our modules and plugins with joomfish. Any sort of compatibility work with joomfish, will most likely not make it into the 1.6.1 release.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by vatoloco
Ok! I will do now a complete backup of my site + db with Akeeba-Backup and then set up a new XAMPP nad test it again with 1.6.1 on my local machine and then let you know my result...

Thanx again for taking time to help me!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by vatoloco
Here is my feedback after setting up XAMPP on my local machine and re-testing:

I can still confirm that the plugin creates hundreds of identical threads (all identical threads have full content in first post!). So this has nothing to do with my webserver-setup. My webserver runs nginx. My local test-machine uses Apache / Xampp and to be 100% sure I also deactivated joomla-sef on my local test-machine!

So either something on my site is breaking this or it is really joomfish that produces this error! And also I can confirm that it has nothing to do with {kunena_discuss:0}!!! Even if I don't use this it creates those hundreds of threads - no matter in which language! As stated earlier this didn't happen with plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip !!!

plg_kunenadiscuss_v1.6.0-RC2_b176_2010-08-31.zip simply created one thread but showed me the following error when the same article in a different language was shown:
Code:
Error -post-: Duplicate. Identical message has been ignored.

So I assume there has been implemented some code into RC3 of the plugin which produces this error! I am no dev but maybe you could implement some check-function which checks if the post has been created and if so stops creating additional identical threads?

EDIT: Please see attached text-file whoch shows the error in api.php (notice the execution time error -> if this is set higher than 60secs then the plugin will create even thousand of identical threads :huh: )

File Attachment:

File Name: fatal_api_...ugin.txt
File Size:78 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by vatoloco.

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by fxstein
Any chance you could take a full Akeeba backup of that test site and make it available to us for testing?

I could install that on a local dev box and see what is going on.

Thx!

More
13 years 5 months ago #9 by vatoloco
Sure I can provide you that backup! Full Backup is about 75MB! I will try to reduce the size by deinstalling some things! I will then upload the backup to my site and share the link with you via PM! Should be ready in about 1hour!

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by vatoloco
fxstein I have sent you a PM with my backup!

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds