Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Restrict list by who is logged in?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by rpertusio
When I click "Recent Topics" in Kunena menu,

Administrator sees:
Admin Post #1
Regular Post #1
Regular Post #2
Admin Post #2
Public Post #1
Regular Post #3
(etc)

Registered sees:
Regular Post #1
Regular Post #2
Public Post #1
Regular Post #3

Public (not logged in) sees:
Public Post #1

So, can I do the same for KunenaLatest? I do not want to hide a Category, since I want Administrators (or Registered) to still see the list of recent topics *that they have access to*

How?

- rp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Kunena Latest should work the same way. Please check what version of Kunena Latest you are using with Kunena. If you do not know how to do that, please post your configuration report.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by rpertusio
J 2.5
K 1.7.1
K Latest 1.7.1

I will test again by clearing Caches and let you guys know if it works (or not). As of now, even 'Public' users are able to see items they don't have permission to on the forums. (They can click on the link, but it tells them they are not authorized. They can see the 'tooltip' in Kunena Latest, and Title/User who posted it through KunenaLatest, which is my concern.)

- rp

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by Matias
If public users see topics, I bet that you have given all users administration rights to Kunena component. If you go to the Kunena administration control panel, there's "Options" in the upper right corner. Both of the permission settings are administration settings and should be turned off from anyone else than Kunena administrators. J1.7 had very confusing text in the second item: "Access component".

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by rpertusio
Hmm. Checked, and all except Super Admin are "Not Allowed".

But, here's how I got around it:

- Used 3 different Groups to secure the Forum Categories (Public, Admins, Super Admins)
- Used 3 different "Viewing Access Levels" with the same names (Public, Admins, Super Admins)
- Used 3 copies of KunenaLatest. #1 showed only Public forums, secured to "Public" viewing access. #2 showed only Admin categories, secured to "Admins" viewing access (etc)

It's not perfect, but it works.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds