Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is for the plugin developed, endorsed, maintained and supported by the Kunena project team. The topics in this category only relate to the plugin developed for K 1.6 and later versions.

Question Plugin doesn't show if I set it to only create thread on first reply

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by fribse
I've set the discuss plugin to only create the thread on first reply.

Then it doesn't show the link.

If I set it to create the thread immediately, it shows the link correctly.

It's all version 1.7

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : allrounder-j1.6 | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Aug 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0 | Kunena Stats 1.7.0

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by fribse. Reason: Config added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Viewmax
I can confirm that I have same problem. Not possible to discuss with selected "link" options.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
There's no link if there's no discussion. So you either need to create the discussion right away or use something else than link.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by fribse
OK, so it's on purpose, then I guess it's an enhancement request. I need this site to be selfdriven, but I don't want a thread for every single article I or others are putting up, so the enhancement request:
If link is selected, and there is no existing thread, it should create the thread.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Viewmax
I'm agree with fribse. Such feature highly required. There should be link "Discuss it" (for example) and when visitor click on it from Frontpage, full article with discuss window appear (and new thread in forum as well).

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by new_friend
I'm agree with fribse and Viewmax too! :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by Matias
There was a feature like this in 3rd party discussbot for Kunena 1.5, but that feature caused much more issues than it solved, so I decided to leave it out from our plugin until I found decent solution how to fix it.

Another thing is: is there really difference if the topic gets created right away or when someone visits the article? If there is, what is it?

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by Viewmax

Matias wrote: Another thing is: is there really difference if the topic gets created right away or when someone visits the article? If there is, what is it?

There is no difference actually. Best of all to implement feature for creating thread with first comment. English is not my native language, but I'll try to explain.

For easy explanation, let's split Front Page view and Full Article View. On Front Page, best of all to keep only link "Add Comment" or "Discuss it" or smth like this. If thread already available, could be cool to show link with amount of comments "Add Comment (14)", "Discuss it (14)".

Click on link from Frontpage should open article with field for entry comment (or it could be "anchored" directly to this field). When first comment inserted - thread in forum should be created.

If user opened full article (from menu, google, click on title from frontpage) it should have discuss field in bottom but without thread yet and without anchor to the comment's field.

With such behaviour, Kunena can completely remove all 3rd party commentary components.

If more explanations required, I'll be happy to assist.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Matias
Maybe you should write this into feature request category and try to make it as detailed as possible (like your above message).

Then make a short intro into here with a link to topic:
www.kunena.org/component/beeheard/?view=categories&layout=list

Thx!

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by Viewmax
Done!

But do you have custom development options? Such feature really required for me and I'm ready to pay for it. I didn't find on website request form for such situations..

Regards,

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds