Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] 500 error after upgrade attempt

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by ryvix
Hey there,

I attempted to install the new version onto my Joomla 1.5.23 site. First time I have ever had a problem with this software.

I don't see anything in the error_log, only this in the access_log. I am not really sure how to fix it. It happened after I clicked the Upgrade button. I now get this every time I attempt to go to Kunena in the backend.

[27/Jul/2011:20:41:20 -0400] "GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install HTTP/1.1" 500 - " example.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_installer " "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0"

Any ideas?

Thanks =)
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

ryvix wrote: I attempted to install the new version ...

Please explain more.

I don't know the answer.

Is this a language problem? What language do you have enabled in the backend?
More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by ryvix
It is the default language, english.

I upgraded as per the upgrade instructions. After clicking the Upgrade button it went to another screen then automatically forwarded to another screen which was a white screen that gives the 500 error. Re-attempting to upload again didn't fix it.

I just tried uninstalling Kunena and tried reinstalling again and then it said it detected a corrupt install attempt and seems to have went fine this time from what I can see so far.
More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Yes, but what version of K are you trying to install?

Did you make a backup before you upgraded?
More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by ryvix
I installed the newest version 1.6.5 which was just released. I have backups. But it worked so its all good. However it does the same thing on a completely different Joomla install on another domain. If it helps fix anything I am using fcgi with suexec.

The exact error message after uninstalling and reinstalling is:
Installer detected failed or interrupted installation attempt!
An incomplete installation of Kunena 1.6.5 build 5005 was found in your system. This means that the installation either failed or was interrupted.
More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
My suggestion is for you to uninstall Kunena from your system and then reinistall Kunena. You will not lose any forum messages or you configuration. If this does not work, please let us know.
More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by ryvix
LOL, thanks for the tip.
More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
I don't know if that will work or not. Sounds like you have a corrupted jos_kunena_configuration table that was caused by MySQL (could have occurred during your first attempt to upgrade) - would be nice to know the version of MySQL that you're using. It's possible to fix this. Let's hear how you go.
More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by ryvix
Could very well be my Mysql and PHP setup. Well it went ok after that so its all good. At least from what I can see. Thanks.

Here is the info if you like. I am using the IUS repos on CentOS 5.6 for PHP and MySQL.

PHP Built On Linux example.com 2.6.18-238.19.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 15 07:31:24 EDT 2011 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.58-ius
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.6
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #10 by gypsykitchen
A day or so ago I updated our joomla from 1.6.5 to 1.7.0 :blink:

We are running kunena 1.6.4

Will upgrading to the 1.6.5 Kunena component over the top of the old incompatible component, which has carried through with the Joomla upgrade and is currently not working in the Joomla 1.7, going make Kunena work again with the integrity of the old forums data maintained and working.

If it is not 100% known if this will work, could we please be informed of any potential risks where there may be some uncertainty or success stories?

Reading through forum posts here, it appears it will be ok to proceed this way.

An answer to a similar question re j1.7 - "My suggestion is for you to uninstall Kunena from your system and then reinstall Kunena. You will not lose any forum messages or you configuration. If this does not work, please let us know."

This post suggests we should uninstall Kunena 1.6.4 from our Joomla 1.7 upgrade, which should keep the data and configuration intact, then install Kunena 1.6.5 on the new Joomla 1.7 upgrade, which should pick up and reinstate the data and configuration of the previous Kunena 1.6.4 installation, which was working on the Joomla 1.6.5.

when uninstalling the 1.6.4 version should we remove both the 'Kunena Forum' component and also 'System - Kunena Forum' in the extensions list.

thanks for any help with this
cheers
michael
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by gypsykitchen.
Time to create page: 0.689 seconds