Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question "fatal error" when everything seemed ok!

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by mabras
Hello,
I'm trying the most recent version of Kunena on a brand new Joomla 2.5.1 site.
Everything seemed ok but when I tried to access to the main page i got a fatal error message
here is the report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2

should I just uninstall and re-install?
Or what else?
thanks!
Mabras
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: fixed minor BBcode issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Please see Support for PC-hosted websites (e.g. WAMP, XAMPP) . Because we cannot see your website, we cannot see the specific details of the error message.

If you really must use XAMPP, or something else like it, then you may be able to diagnose the cause of your problem if you read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error . We may be able to offer better ideas if we could access your website.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by mabras
thanks, I did non know that running kunena on xampp was such a pain!
And in fact I must have been lucky since now with previous versions of Joomla.
Anyway, since at the moment i have no choice, I will try to sort things out like you suggest me, thanks for the advice.
Mabras

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

mabras wrote: thanks, I did non know that running kunena on xampp was such a pain!

Running Kunena on Joomla is dead easy!. Running Joomla on XAMPP is dead easy, too (therefore running Kunena on XAMPP is really easy to do - I know, I've created test Joomla sites with Kunena on XAMPP more than a dozen times! The point that we're trying to make is that XAMPP doesn't prove anything because - if you really think about it - your real, live website (where you will have real, live people) won't be running on XAMPP ... will it?

The point that we're trying to make is that using XAMPP is all right ... up to a point. The point comes when you start having real problems with XAMPP, when you look around for help and no-one else can help you because no-one else can access your website to diagnose and repair any problems that occur. That's the main point that we're trying to make.

XAMPP is OK for really simple proof-of-concept webcraft (see also Home PC server test enviroments: good or bad for tesing Joomla/Kunena? ). XAMPP sites may encounter problems that a real site won't have and you end up wasting time chasing a non-existent problem. Vice-versa, XAMPP sites may not detect issues that only occur in live operations and you're left, scratching your head, trying to figure out why you didn't find these problems sooner.
We do not discourage the practice of building test sites on a home PC platform.
If you have problems on a home PC platform you need to remember that no-one else may be able to help.
The easiest and best way to develop a website - to prove that your site will work in a live environment with real users - is to create it on the same hosted internet environment as where your real site will run. If your test site is on the internet and if you run into problems then other people may be able to help you because you can easily give them remote access.

Good luck.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds