Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Hiding the profile box at the top of the page (Blue Eagle template)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by haithun
Hi,

I want to hide the profile tab (I mean the thing above the breadcrumb) by default but i cant find a setting for that. Is there anyone and if not how can i hide it.
I tryed it by clicking the minus via javascript but i failed in writing a script for that job.

Greets and thanks
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

Please go into the menu manager of your Joomla install and look for the Kunena menu. Edit the menu entries and unpublish the ones you don't want to see - or assign a different group to limit visibility to only select people (e.g. admins)

See here:

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by roland76
Mhh - I think a lot of user have the problem to find it on first time, so I would suggest to place a button in Kunena backend like "Edit tabs" which brings a message like "The tabs are edit by the Joomla Menue Manager" and redirect to the Joomla Kunena-Menue.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by haithun
That was exactly the tab I was not referring to. The real Joomla! menus in Kunena 1.6 are clear since you discribed it to me in the support forum.

I mean this tab:

Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by fxstein
Good thought for 1.7 - integrate the Kunena Menu management into the Kunena backend - or at least link to it...

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by fxstein

haithun wrote: That was exactly the tab I was not referring to. The real Joomla! menus in Kunena 1.6 are clear since you discribed it to me in the support forum.

I mean this tab:

Glad that I posted a pic so we get on the same page. Tabs are commonly referred to as the navigation menu above Kunena. You are referring to the profil info box. That is currently no configurable and will require a custom template.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by roland76
Hello,

ok, try attached file... unzipp it and override (please backup first):

/components/com_kunena/template/default/loginbox/

Then i looks like: www.simple-quality.de/forum.html
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: haithun

More
13 years 5 months ago #8 by haithun
Thanks for that file. :)

For any 1.6.x release you may give the link to close the box an ID or name so the users are able to access it with a js. That would be very helpful.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #9 by roland76
Some other solution by CSS

add "display: none;"

in kunena.forum-mini.css

#Kunena div.kpbox {
border-bottom:1px solid #BFC3C6;
display:none;
}
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by roland76.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #10 by Eranda
We Can only disable login box in kunena 1.6 by setting it to 'none'.(But still it shows profile picture).
Beacause we have different login (with profile picture) at the top of website , we don't need kunena profile box(Profile picture).

1.How can we remove whole profile box ? (If it is a css edit plz include the full path and the file name of the css file)

2.If we disable this profile box completely ,what are the things that we going to miss ( note - we use JS private messages ) ?

Thank You !!!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Eranda.

Time to create page: 0.852 seconds