Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug CSS warnings: Chris Pederick's Web Developer 1.1.9

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by Rockbox
I'm running Kunena 1.7.2 on joomla 2.5.2 and my developers tool si showing a few CSS warnings that I would like to fix, the easiest way possible?
see attached snipe of warnings.
all help is greatly appreciated! thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: CSS warnings in firefox
You have a fatal error when we try to access the forum topic at www.surfmat.com.au/index.php/forum/2-welcome-mat

Please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error for more advice on what you need to do.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Rockbox
Replied by Rockbox on topic Re: CSS warnings in firefox
I just checked and the site works fine in both ie and firefox.
can anyone else see this error, just deleted the cache and it looks fine to me, baffled
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Rockbox.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #4 by CheechDogg
Rockbox what developers tool are you using that gave you the CSS warnings you mentioned above?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Rockbox
firefox add-on "web developer 1.1.9"

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Rockbox
Cheechdogg, do you get a error 500 message? cheers

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #7 by CheechDogg
Hello Rockbox,

No, I do not get the 500 error message at all. I have checked around 10 times and didn't get it once.

As for the css warnings you get on your page , they are nothing to worry about. If you really need to fix those errors you will have to look for the errors in the css file indicated and figure out a way for the developer's tool to not flag them as errors.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
You get a fatal error when you click any Kunena menu tab on that site. Try it.

There's something really wrong here! :dry:

I think we really need to see the Kunena configuration report in this case.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Rockbox
what browser are you using? I don't get any errors

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
We spent about half-an-hour discussing this issue. As it transpired, I kept getting these fatal errors when I browsed your site from one PC but I didn't get them on another one. I think it must have been something in my local browser cache. It doesn't matter and I retract my earlier remarks.

The essential question in this case is how do these errors manifest themselves as far as a normal visitor to your website is concerned? I believe that the answer is that these warning messages will not, in any way, detract from the end-user experience and I think that's what should always be foremost in your mind.

I visited your site today, using Firefox, and I saw nothing that detracted from the "user experience".

Many design tools will flag Javascript or CSS errors and, in most cases, this is fairly "normal". I have not seen too many websites that are immune from these warning messages ... even Microsoft's site! There is such a thing as over-analysis and the Law of Diminishing Returns. If your site was my site, I wouldn't worry about these warnings unless, as I wrote above, they detract from or adversely impact the "end-user experience".

Do these warnings, in your opinion, impact in any way on the end-user experience?
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds