Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "Invisible text"

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by marco2193
Hi,

Greetings everybody. Thanks for this application

I just upgraded to 1.7 on my site repertorioamericano.org/index.php/foro7 there you will see that text is white and backround is white too. I tried on css but did not get the text to be black or any dark color.

How can I fix this? I also notice there is a problem on the forum size when using Chrome.

Greetings, Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by marco2193
Replied by marco2193 on topic "Invisible text"
Hi,

Greetings everybody. Thanks for this application

I just upgraded to 1.7 on my site repertorioamericano.org/index.php/foro7 there you will see that text is white and backround is white too. I tried on css but did not get the text to be black or any dark color.

How can I fix this? I also notice there is a problem on the forum size when using Chrome.

Greetings, Marco

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Text is not visible
Hello,

Do you have looked with firebug if you can change something ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Text is not visible
Look at the file ../templates/autodealer-et/css/styles.css at line 5

body {
color: #FFFFFF;
font: 13px/1.5em Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif;
}

Comment-out the line that refers to color, as you see below:

body {
// color: #FFFFFF;
font: 13px/1.5em Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif;
}

If you have a problem with the "forum size" using Chrome, please start a new topic about that issue and say exactly what is wrong with the forum "size". Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marco2193

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #5 by marco2193
Replied by marco2193 on topic Re: Text is not visible
Xillibit, Thank you, I did not know this addon from firefox, it's great.

sozzled, You are terrific, I just followed your advise and the problem was worked out. thank you very much.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by marco2193.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by mafooy
Replied by mafooy on topic Text Colour
Hi,

I have had a read through the forums and wiki but am still not fully confident of the issue or how to resolve it.

The text colour is not visible as it clashes with the back ground. It's occurring in the categories, who is on-line, statistics, posts and topics etc.

The forum can be found here - formula18uk.cloudaccess.net/forum.html

I understand that it could be something with Joomla but in either case, I am not sure which element to amend.

When I get home later, I will be trying to use the recommended developer tool but thought if there was an obvious/simple solution, then someone may be able to point it out.

I am using Joomla 1.7 and the latest Kuena, too.

Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: "Invisible text"
mafooy: Your problem stems from line 33 of your Joomla site template (../templates/tx_gravity/css/style3.css) whioh has the rule:

.tx-content th a, .tx-content td a, .tx-content td {
color: #F3F3F3;
}

Comment it out. For other people reading this topic, please look at How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena?

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by mafooy
Replied by mafooy on topic Re: "Invisible text"
Hi Sozzled,

Thank you for that. Looks a lot better than the option of blending with the site template as that created it's own problems relative to the colour of category headers.

As i thought would happen... it has now altered the formatting of my Eventlist table!

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: "Invisible text"
Sorry to hear about that but your subsequent problem is something you can probably fix with special CSS directives used by the Eventslist component.

Your Joomla site template controls everything on your site. If you change your site template, you change everything, and (as many people forget) the site template CSS is the last piece of CSS loaded by Joomla. Therefore, any CSS loaded by any Joomla extension (like Kunena or Eventlist) is subject to being overriden by your site template. The easiest way out of these problems is to remove as much unnecessary CSS from your site template as you can ... or find a better site template. It can take a few days to do those things.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by mafooy
Replied by mafooy on topic Re: "Invisible text"
Thank you once again.

Having had more time to read up and look into this, i understand what your saying.

Being new i can understand (on most occassions) where to look but it's another matter applying the fix!

The first few users that registered to the forum were listed as both users in the Joomla area and Kunena, too. This seems to have stopped and the new users are only showing in the Joomla list. No settings have been altered, though.

To be honest, from a CSS point of view, i wouldn't yet know what a good template from a bad one!

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds