Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question Aphotic Bugs (Karma Buttons & Browse Button)

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by mtupstairs
Maybe I managed to dl a bad version or something since I found nothing posted, but in case others find these problems, I encountered two bugs.

1. No Karma buttons were visible
  2. When on the post page, there is a gigantic browse button where you attach a file

I was able to fix this issues in kunena.forum-min.css as follows:

Issue 1 is a problem with the path to the images

find:
Code:
kkarma-minus{background:url("../media/iconsets/profile/default/default.png") no-repeat 0 -294px;height:14px;width:14px;display:inline-block;margin:-2px 0;}#Kunena span.kkarma-plus{background: url(/"../media/iconsets/profile/default/default.png") no-repeat 0 -313px;height:14px;width:14px;display:inline-block;margin:-2px 0;}#
And replace with:
Code:
kkarma-minus{background:url("../../default/media/iconsets/profile/default/default.png") no-repeat 0 -294px;height:14px;width:14px;display:inline-block;margin:-2px 0;}#Kunena span.kkarma-plus{background: url(/"../../default/media/iconsets/profile/default/default.png") no-repeat 0 -313px;height:14px;width:14px;display:inline-block;margin:-2px 0;}

Issue 2 is a problem with some misplaced comments ( I assume, maybe they were meant but the caused me issues in IE8).

Find:
Code:
#Kunena .kfile-input{font-size:23px;position:absolute;right:0;top:-10px;opacity:0;/*filter:alpha(opacity=0);*/}

And replace with:
Code:
#Kunena .kfile-input{font-size:23px;position:absolute;right:0;top:-10px;opacity:0;filter:alpha(opacity=0);}

Basically, just remove the comment tags.

Hope this helps someone as I spent a great deal of time tracking this down. No offense meant to the dev as this is a great template.

Rob

Damn it Jim! I'm a pool player, not a programmer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Troneas, muddytracks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by snilloconator
Do you have a link? This is the first I have heard of this. None of the above were changed from the default template... Was this an issue with default as well?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtupstairs

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by mtupstairs
Hello Snilloconator,
First off, great template. My live site is based on a transparent theme so I know too well the trials and tribulations of "tweaking" css code. Nice work, nice template.

Anyway, pardon my ignorance, but I am not sure what link you are looking for. My site? The link where I got your template? Let me know and I will gladly update. In terms of the issues I found, here are few notes:

• It would seem to me that some modifications had to made to the paths since you are using images from the default directory for a template in the Aphotic directory. Also, when doing a compare of your normal css file to the default normal css file, the paths are all modified as I would expect.
  • The issues, at least in my case, were in the minified css file. When I compare your minified css to the default minified css I find that the two paths I mentioned did not come out correctly. In addition, the comments which are a part of the normal css file somehow blended themselves into the minified code rather than be removed completely.
  • Just to be sure, I went to the original zip file and opened the mini css to make sure this was not something I messed up, though I did see another post in here about the karma buttons. My original file has the issues mentioned.

I am not a programmer at all and Kunena is my first exposure to minified css so please take my comments for what they are worth. I play around with sites and code as a hobby and I am probably more dangerous than productive. I do make it a habit to post when I find issues like this as it seems that someone usually benefits from my experience. If this is and issue I somehow created, or just a fluke with my files, let me know. Thanks for the response, very much appreciated.

Rob

Sorry, I know this is long already but just and FYI, here are the posts I found when searching. One is German and the other one actually doesn't say what he fixed, but they lead me down a path at least.
www.kunena.org/forum/36-german/66115-gel...mehr-vorhanden#66536
www.kunena.org/forum/159-k-16-common-que...hotic-template#67547

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mtupstairs. Reason: New Information

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by mtupstairs
As I have been digging into this more, it seems to me that the clear CSS file in your zip package is not the same one you used to create the minified CSS file. Now, it would be surprising to me that no one else has mentioned this, so maybe I have no idea what I am talking about. But my reasoning is as follows:

When I look at something in the minified CSS I see something different than what is in the clear CSS. The examples in this thread for one, or the background colors in various places as another example.

Secondly, when I turn on debug mode, my template becomes a mixture of Aphotic and the default.

The other possibility is that my understanding of minifying CSS code is completely wrong and I am not ruling that possibility out. Just thought I would post this as an update.

Rob

p.s. I have a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon (I went new because I just can't find the time to build Jeeps anymore). I will be keeping my eye on your Jeep community site.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by mtupstairs.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by snilloconator
I'll be looking into this tomorrow! :) Also awesome on the jeep bro!

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by mtupstairs
Anxious to hear your response. Keep us posted. I love the template.

Rob

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by muddytracks
thanx!

you solved my problem with the big upload file button!!
see below..Now its perfect.

Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by mtupstairs
Glad I could help. It's nice to finally pay back for all the help I need. :lol:

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #9 by Robar144
Great post I'm glad I found it, you solved that ugly BROWSE ... button.

Any news on the Karma fix?

Awesome and I send you a manual Karma!! :)
Robar
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Robar144. Reason: oops

More
13 years 1 week ago #10 by mtupstairs
Actually this post should have addressed the karma button issue as well. If you look at the code changes for "Issue 2" you will see where some comment tags need to be removed.

I hope all is working well.

Rob

p.s. Does any know if the original author is still doing any work on this template?

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds