Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] How to make Kunena template full width?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by FieldRep1
Hey Gang

I'm trying to increase the size of my forum but can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. I disabled all modules on the sides of the forum page but can't seem to get it changed. I don't think it's the template preventing me from doing this because at one point the size was larger then present.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.4) | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.1) | Jomsocial: Installed (Version : 1.8.7) | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 1.9)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Subject edited by moderator - we don't use all caps here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by FieldRep1
It would be great if there was just a way to get clone of your current forum and ALL its settings. Just thinking out load here.

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by sozzled
Unfortunately as I cannot see your forum - you have only allowed registered users to view it - I can't see the problem for myself. It's my guess that the problem relates to the site template that you're using. Even though this document ( How I can get the full width for Kunena Forum in my site? ) was written for a previous version of Kunena, the ideas are still fairly much the same.

Using Firebug for Firefox will identify the cause of the issue in next-to-no time. At this stage, without seeing what's happening on your site, that's the only general kind of advice I can give. These problems are as unique as there are different Joomla site templates available for users to choose from. If we can't help you better, you should take up your issue with the Joomla template developer from whom you obtained the template.

There is a way to "clone" your site; it's really easy, too. Use a product like Akeeba Backup and your fixed. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: FieldRep1

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by severdia
Hi,

I would have responded sooner if I'd seen your post. :)

Lines around 521 in your template CSS file are the problem. Add these lines to the bottom of your CSS file to resolve the width issue:
Code:
#bottomwrap_kun { width:945px !important; } #bottomleftwrap_kun { margin-right:0 !important; width:auto !important; }

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: FieldRep1

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by FieldRep1
I really appreciate the help guys.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by Frankie4life
Replied by Frankie4life on topic Forum width problem
Hello,

My forum width just changed on my website today. It is now only about half the size that it was with a blank spot on the right column. Does anyone know how to adjust this back again?

Thanks,

Frankie

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum width problem
Have you looked at the results of this search >>> here <<<

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by Frankie4life
I am sorry. I searched but not hard enough. I will do better.

More
13 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum width problem
Your problem is caused by two things:

(1) your site template is not wide enough to fit the Kunena component display. We recommend that you choose a site template that allows 880px for the component display;

(2) your site template does not have collapsible module positions, or you have a module published on your Kunena pages that takes up room.

But, I really guessing here because I don't know anything about what your problem looks like.

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by gato_de_botas
I disabled all the modules on the right side of the page, and keep only the left modules.
I want the kunena forum using the center of the page AND the right side too, but it is only using the center, not the right border of the page. SEE THE ATTACHED IMAGE.

How can I do that?
I am using Joomla 1.5.22, template ja purity II, and Kunena 1.6.

thanks!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds