Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question On forum load, selectively expand or collapse sections of Kunena template

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by ehsan.s200
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by coder4life
Edit:
Sorry missed the full topic title, for selective expand and collapse look to sozzled explanation below :).
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by coder4life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ehsan.s200

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, ehsan.s200, and welcome to Kunena.

This is, indeed, a very good question. We have had similar discussions about this idea before (see [Merged topic] How to have default category view have some categories collapsed and others expanded.

Unfortunately, no-one has enough interest to pay for this feature to be developed. Perhaps, one day, this feature will be built as an extra feature people can pay for.

For the present, answer is no: different areas of the template can not be selectively closed when you view your forum index pages. If you want all the sections of the template closed (by default) then that's a different question.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ehsan.s200

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Actually this feature is already in my possible feature list, as it could be handy to hide our archive category by default.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woonydanny, ehsan.s200

More
11 years 8 months ago #5 by GabrielS
I DO ant all sections closed by default....how is this done?

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by GabrielS
"If you want all the sections of the template closed (by default) then that's a different question."

That's my question.

answer?

TYSM

More
11 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
A couple of months ago we may have been able to more quickly answer your question but, now we've moved past K 1.7, we're full-steam ahead with K 2.0. The short answer to this question is that you have to modify the Kunena source code. The trouble is that I don't remember which part of K 1.7 you may have to change. Another way you can address the issue - closing all Kunena togglers by default - is to offer to pay someone to show you how it's done.

I'm sorry. It's not that I'm not willing to help you, it's just that I don't currently have the time while we're focused on K 2.0. People also need to remember: I don't get any money from doing all of this. ;)

More
11 years 8 months ago #8 by GabrielS

More
11 years 8 months ago #9 by GabrielS
or know anyone to pay to have it done?

More
11 years 8 months ago #10 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds