Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ...

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Wineblue2
So I am using J!2.5.2, JomSocial 2.4.3, Kunena 1.7.2 and JCE 2.0.21 on my site . As you can see in the attached image the font is entirely too light in color on all of the category descriptions. There are also odd bullet points appearing in the strangest places through out the forum which I cannot explain but would very much like gone. From my understanding we do not have the option to add the JCE editor to Kunena but there is no wysiwyg editor for the category manager and I am trying to find some sort of balance here with this. Would you please take a look at this and perhaps provide me with some suggestions?

Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by CheechDogg
Hello Wineblue2, your forums are not accessible so we can't even look at what is going on with your site. It would help if you opened them up, provided us with a test account and most of all your forums configuration report.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Wineblue2
I prefer sending this info privately. Can I PM you?
More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
We would prefer you to post the information on the forum. If you are concerned about certain information about your site being obtained by others, I invite you to look at the many thousands of messages posted here to see if there is any information in those that you can access that you think may compromise your site(s). I think you will quickly discover that you cannot see information about other sites that could, in any way, be argued as a breach of confidentiality or our commitment to your privacy.

The reason we ask for this information to be posted on the forum is to allow other members of the moderation team the opportunity to assist you. I am not the only person who can help. I therefore would ask you to read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

Does this allay your concerns?
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by Wineblue2
This message contains confidential information

I was under the impression I was being asked for admin access. I have set this up as a user only access so you can view it.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
We rarely ask for administrator access to a user's site. We don't often ask for account details (to test things) either. What we would like to see, however, is how you have configured your site: what version of Joomla, PHP, MySQL, webserver software, Kunena, Joomla site template, etc. Sumbitting your configuration report will answer these (and other) questions. It's easy to do this if you follow the guide given in What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

But, thank you for posting a login so that we can see your forum. You will notice that I have hidden this information from public view (only you, the moderation team and site administrators here can see the information now) :)
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
I have looked at your site and, on reflection, I have split this topic from the original one which actually has nothing to do with your current questions.

Your questions relate to why your Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena on your site. This falls into the category of K 1.7 Templates and Design and I have moved your topic there. If you look at the category description you will see the following:

...please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla template is making a mess of Kunena .

When you read that article you may then understand that it is not our responsibility to fix the mistakes made by other Joomla template developers.

However, your problems are very easy to fix.

Add the following to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena { color: black; }
The reason you have the "odd" bullet points is because of the rule in your Joomla site template CSS file that reads:
Code:
.ja-moduletable ul li, .ja-module ul li, .ja-content-main ul li { background: url("../templates/ja_norite/images/bullet.gif") no-repeat scroll 18px 6px transparent !important; line-height: 160%; margin-bottom: 5px; overflow: hidden; }
Remove or comment-out the line "background: url" and this will remove those black bullet points.

You also need to fix up the select forum elements. Same approach; Add the following to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file:
Code:
#Kunena select, #Kunena select:focus, #Kunena select:hover { background: white; }
As you can see, easy to fix when we can see the problems at first hand. It took me about 5 minutes to find the problems; 15 minutes to post this message with the answers. You could have also done this yourself in next to no time, too, by reading How do I change the colours of my template in Kunena? using Firebug for Firefox plus a little educated guesswork and a basic knowledge of CSS syntax.

Does this answer your styling questions?
More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by Wineblue2
For whatever reason I did not receive any notification of this response. Had you not linked it in your last response in my Black Boxes thread I would not have known it had been answered hence my frustration. Yes this answers my question thanks.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I use the My Topics feature to follow those topics I've created or contributed to. It saves me a lot of time. I highly recommend it to you.

We are continually moving, merging and splitting topics every day because they were originally posted in the wrong place. It's just one of tasks of trying to be a good forum moderators; you can't always please everyone all the time.

This topic is actually the conclusion of Unexplainable Black Boxes . In order to avert possible misuse (read "hijacking") of these topics by other people and to avoid possible confusion brought about by having several topics relating to the same template issues involving Wineblue2 (in particular), I now closing and locking all of these topics.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds