Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Before posting in this category, please read sticky topics and, as general background, My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

If you have questions about third-party templates, please use the User-written Templates category or contact the author directly. This category should only be used for questions about templates developed and supported by the Kunena project.

Question [Merged topic] Display social networking icons (e.g. Yahoo, AIM, MSN. Google Plus, Facebook, etc.) on the forum

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by Paladin Brewer
Hello,

I am using Joomla 1.5.24, Kunena 1.7, and the newest CB. This may be a CB issue, but I am not getting much help on their forums so hopefully you can :) I have used the plugin to integrate Kunena and CB together, and selected the fields to match. The Gender, website, location and birthday all work great, and the icons show up fine. But the Yahoo, MSN, AIM etc icons do not. Any idea on what the problem would be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Paladin Brewer

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled
The icons for these social networking things only appear if your Kunena template allows them to appear. The Kunena Blue Eagle template doesn't display these things. It also depends on whether your users have entered any values in those fields or if you collect that information via CB.

So, it could also be a question of how you've set Kunena profile integration as well as how you've mapped any CB fields to Kunena. You understood all of that, right? :S

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by Paladin Brewer
I think so :P The fields "should" be mapped correctly. Other things like Location, Website, Birthday etc are also mapped through CB Profile, but those icons are showing up.

I'm not using the default theme, I am using nts_kdark. But to be safe, I went through all the templates I had uploaded and none of them show the icons. Maybe most Kunena templates don't display them. How can I add them, or what code to check? :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled

Paladin Brewer wrote: Maybe most Kunena templates don't display them. How can I add them, or what code to check? :)

That's a good question. The only way that I can suggest how to go about resolving the issue is to construct your own Kunena template. Unfortunately, the guides to building your own Kunena template (in the Wiki) assume an advance knowledge of PHP programming skills together with advanced skills in Joomla. These things are a little beyond the scope of the average user and not easily addressed in a self-help resource like this forum.

There are a couple of Wiki articles (if you search the Wiki for "template") that might help but they are not very well written or easy to understand. It's a job for someone who has the time to write better documentation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by Paladin Brewer
Well this is sad news :( But oh well, was just a minor detail I guess.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by Matias
The buttons are pretty easy to add, though. But it needs some knowledge where to find the code and where to put it into.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by Paladin Brewer
I don't think I have that knowledge :) Point me in the right direction? If I could fix this and the Kunena/AlphaUserPoints issue I'm having, my life would be complete :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by Matias
AUP issue? Maybe I missed that one.

components/com_kunena/template/default/profile/socialbuttons.php contains all the buttons.
components/com_kunena/template/default/view/profile.horizontal.php or profile.vertical.php is shown inside topic.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by Paladin Brewer
Oh I posted my AUP issue on the AUP forum, but they can't seem to fix it. All the Kunena AUP rules work for me, except the Delete post. I wanted it to deduct points if I had to delete someones post because of moderation etc, but it does nothing.

I will give those files a look, though I dont think ill be able to do anything with them.

Do you know of a theme that DOES allow the AIM, Yahoo etc so I can compare?

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds