Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] File Upload Failing broken css

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #1 by teratyke
Hi
I'm running out of things to try with this problem so I thought I would ask here before I entierly destroy my site, I'm afraid I've not been able to find an answer elsewhere here - sorry if I missed it.
I upgraded today to 1.6 - all seems fine apart from...
I get the no css, or broken css view of my site when uploading some images. Checking with Firebug and the server log reveals a http 500 error.

1. I have pretty much removed every plugin and module with no effect.
  2. I have run the site (prior to upgrade and since) on a local windows apache server and I cannot recreate the fault even with all plugins and modules enabled.
  3. I have uploaded the same image here (in the playground forum) without fault.
  4. If I rename the file or upload to a different thread, or using a different browser the fault is the same.
  5. I have disable MIME checking - no change.
If I resize the file on my local computer then upload it works fine. Other images both larger in size and dimensions work without fault. I can't find anything to predict which files will be affected, however those that are, are affected consistently.

It seems to me that there must be something to do with the file and the image processing that is causing the problem - my host? It does seem to relate to specific images, but really I am out of ideas so any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Here is the (or at least one of) file that fails to upload to my site...

Thanks in advance.
Rob

Coincidentally (or not) I got a 500 error when trying to output the config (as below) but I tracked this down to a missing file in the uddeim install..

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 480 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2)

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by teratyke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Your issue is most likely a simple issue. The missing CSS is not an indication of anything being wrong with your template, nor will this do anything beyond that page view.

As you already found out is the 500 error. This means some php code aborts and fails. This could be a missing library or some other conflict.

The way to find out quickly is to look into the apache server error log. You should find that on your web hosts control panel under something like log manager. That error log will include a cleartext error message that will tell us what is wrong.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by teratyke
Hello fxstein, thanks for the quick response.
The very odd thing is that in the server access log I see an entry like...
"POST /forum/post HTTP/1.1" 500 2670 "
but in the error log there is no corresponding entry - no error reported.
However Firebug shows a 500...

I will download the logs and have a proper look tomorrow - I could be missing something as the server is busy at the moment and I am not too quick to spot things in the logs!

Thank you
Rob
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by fxstein
The server access log will not include any errors

Its the server error log that you want to look at

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: teratyke

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by teratyke
Hi fxstein
I know you are correct of course - but the error log shows no sign of the problem despite the 500 being shown in firebug - its a new one on me.

I went to my host to see if there was some other log I didn't have access to (this site is on a shared server), but they confirmed the 500 was not showing in any logs.

They suggested that I increase the memory limit through php, which was one of the first things I had tried - so no joy there.

They then suggested I increase the memory limit available to the server in the .htaccess file using the following statement...

RLimitMem 128000000

Initial tests suggest that this has cured the problem. Its not a setting I have come across before as I have always managed to resolve memory issues using php.ini.

Hopefully this is the solution and the fault stays fixed and this thread will help others in the future.

I'd like to thank you all for your work on this release - the install and migration was flawless thanks to information provided through this site. I love the new features and I'm sure my users will too.

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds