Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question New topic and reply layout issues when using EasyCalcCheck

More
15 years 8 months ago #82462 by grant74
Using Joomla 1.5.22, Kunena 1.6.2, EasyCalcCheck 1.5.13, localhost install.

Was using K1.6.1 and EasyCalc check for guest posts and it was working ok. I.e. displaying at the bottom of the post edit page (to the left of the Submit and Cancel buttons).
I upgraded to 1.6.2 and the Calc check started to appear in many places on the form. It would also only appeaer if I enabled the Hidden field option in EasyCalcCheck. E.g. It appears randomly between rows: Subject and Topic icon, Boardcode and Message, Message and the Submit / cancel buttons.

This was undesirable behaviour so I downgraded to 1.6.1, then uninstalled and reinstalled EasyCalcCheck. Unfortunately the incorrect behaviour remains.

I don't know whether the issue is an EasyCalcCheck problem or something changed in Kunena 1.6.2. Since I don't have much forum content, I have considered completely uninstalling and reinstalling Kunena but before I do so can anyone suggest what may have happened / changed or a way to fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #82468 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I don't know anything about EasyCalcCheck and I haven't seen any advice from the Kunena project team about EasyCalcCheck. Can you show us where you have read that EasyCalcCheck was designed to be compatible with K 1.6.2, please? We may then be able to help you better.

Perhaps this is something that you need to discuss with the developers of EasyCalcCheck?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #82470 by grant74
It has been tested and worked with 1.6.1. I had a similar thought as you that the EasyCalcCheck just may not be compatible with 1.6.2(and have followed up with the developer) but when I downgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.6.1 the problem remains.

Im wondering if something from 1.6.2 is persisting even though I've downgraded to 1.6.1.

Edit: and perhaps a clean install of Kunena is required (not a huge problem as it's not live and has minimal content)
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by grant74.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #82472 by sozzled
Could be a template issue. Does this random/haphazard placement of the EasyCalcCheck feature occur with the Blue Eagle (default) template?

I don't understand how the simple process of upgrading would render inoperative something that used to work before - although some features of K 1.6.1 were replaced in K 1.6.2 (the lighbox effect was one of those) and there were a couple of minor template issues that changed, too. It's hard to make a conclusive assessment of the problem without knowing all the facts.

Could you, perhaps, provide us with your K 1.6 configuration report, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #82475 by grant74
Yes the blue eagle or the example template has same behaviour. I don't believe it uses lightbox and am equally as mystified. I can move the CalcCheck field to the correct location using Firebug but unfortunately don't have enough knowledge to trace how it renders / displays to the incorrect location in the first place. I.e. how easycheck plugs-in to the Kunena component and how/where it displays the check into the Kunena template / form. Trying to learn on the fly but find myself lost in a sea of CSS, HTML, JScript and PHP without knowing how they interact with one another.

Will post report later today when I get home.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #82505 by grant74
As requested here's my config
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 4M

This message contains confidential information

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.1 | Build: 3858 | Version name: Timu | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by grant74.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds