Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.6.2 - Submit button does not work for guests

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #1 by phal
I am using Kuena 1.6.2 with Joomla 1.5.22 and mootools upgrade plugin enabled and jomsocial integration with sh404sef installed but turned off

There is no response in clicking the submit button for anonymous users when using firefox 3.6.13

The same button work in I.E. when anonymous

The same button work after user has login, even in firefox 3.6.13

Regards
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I haven't had time to test this particular issue on a site with J! 1.5.22 and K 1.6.2 and so I'm unsure whether sh404SEF is still responsible for the problem even with the claim that you have it "turned off". So, I tried an experiment on a test site where I have a category setup for anonymous posting: K 1.6.2 (build 3894), Joomla 1.5.22, Firefox 3.6.12 (but without sh404SEF) and I had no problems at all.

So, my test doesn't necessarily prove anything except to disprove the general claim that "anonymous submit button does not work in Firefox". I agree that it may not work for phal but I don't know what else this person has running on their website.

Perhaps this isn't a Kunena problem at all. Perhaps this is a template issue. My test site uses JA_Purity - the standard one that comes with Joomla. What does your site use?
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Apparently this could be a genuine problem. After further testing it seems that the Submit button is non-operational only for users who are not logged-in to the website.

Registered users can post anonymously but only if they are logged-in. I will need to report this to the development team for an answer.
More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by phal
Dear Developer,

I have tested it on several scenarios including a fresh install of joomla and kuena only, the problem still persists.

I love the functionality of Kuena, especially it has anonymous posts... I hope it can be fixed soon

Regards
More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by roydepp
Same issue here.
K1.6.2 J! 1.5.22. Nothing happens when a guest user (not logged in) clicks the "Submit" button via Firefox (test v. 3.6.13), Works ok with IE8.
More
13 years 3 months ago #6 by sultani
After i made de update from kunena 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 the submit button stop worked for guest posts.
Here is my configs:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 900 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 350M

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Euro-Orange | author: Mizunga | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-010

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Installed (Version : 1.5.12) | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

Anyone with the same issue?

Regards
More
13 years 3 months ago #7 by ender
After so many issues with 1.6.2, I will not give a chance to this and stay with 1.6.1.. sorry ot.
More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by 810
Hi, its a know bug, its fixed in 1.6.3, use 1.6.1 for the moment until 1.6.3 released.

regards 810
More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by sultani
Thanks for replying
Can i downgrade from 1.6.2 to 1.6.1 ?

Regards
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
sultani: I see from your configuration report that you are running J! 1.5.22 with the System - Legacy plugin enabled. Please read the very important information about Legacy mode and take action now to eliminate your dependence on this feature before you encounter other problems with this Joomla feature. K 1.6 has not been tested with "legacy mode".

Yes, it is possible to downgrade from K 1.6.2 to K 1.6.1. You downgrade the same way as you upgrade; use the appropriate installation kit (in this case the package for K 1.6.1) and the Joomla Extension Manager and you should have no problems. As always, it's advisable to make a backup of your site before you install any software.

If you have any more questions about downgrading Kunena, please search this site for other topics that discuss the process.

Downgrading from K 1.6.2 to K 1.6.1 may solve this problem ... but it also means that you will have all the other problems with K 1.6.1 to contend with. Although this particular problem should be fixed in K 1.6.3, there may be a short-term solution that we can help you with in the meantime. You can, for example, make the following one-line change to K 1.6.2 and this could solve the problem until a permanent fix is made:

Edit the file ../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.special.js.php at line 65.

Change from:
Code:
var kuser = $('kauthorname').get('value');
To:
Code:
// var kuser = $('kauthorname').get('value');
This change worked for me.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: francinecsilva
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds