Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Attached images in Google Chrome not showing fully

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by nilshunt
Hello, I googled a bit to find an existing thread about this but could not find one.

If I click on an attached image, it will only show 1/3 or so of the actual image. I just noticed this now, and it works great in Firefox, but not in Chrome.

This happens on this forum aswell as my own sites forum.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Attached is an image showing you how it looks for me.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by madLyfe
its a bug in chrome.. i know its on the chrome bug tracker but dont know when it will be fixed/implemented into a release..

word up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisjclay

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by nilshunt
I see, thanks for the reply!

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
According to the word-of-mouth information that I have, this particular issue requires the use of Mootools 1.3. Now, before everyone goes berserk and tries to install MT 1.3 I need to say that K 1.6.x has not been extensively tested with MT 1.3 ... and so, while this may work I don't know what other consequences there might be.

One other thing: it's unlikely that Mootools 1.3 will ship with Joomla 1.5 and so this further complicates the issue.

In summary, the problems are being experienced only by users of Google Chrome and the "lightbox" Javascript application that's installed with Kunena 1.6.x. If members of the community have a recommendation about a different image viewer to the one that's driven by slimbox.js, we would welcome your feedback and help.

If someone would like to trial a different Javascript feature that performs the same functions as what exists in K 1.6 (but one that works for all supported browsers - Internet Explorer 7 and 8, Firefox 3, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera) we would very much appreciate your help. In the meantime, this looks as though there won't be a fix for a little while longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irradiate

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by madLyfe
this is a pretty big issue tho..

word up!

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled

madLyfe wrote: this is a pretty big issue tho..

Yes, it is, for the 5% of all users who rely on Google Chrome. We understand that and we're trying to resolve it. It may take a while to resolve the problem. If you have no other problems using Firefox or IE8 then you might need to use one of those browsers in the meantime.

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by xpozay
Can anybody suggest a hack or something in the css that will have the show in lightbox option set to yes for all browsers except chrome and then for chrome set to no?

More
13 years 3 months ago #8 by Troneas
i'm having this issue too on my site.

More
13 years 3 months ago #9 by roydepp
I've reported about the same problem a month and a half ago, and its not Chrome related, it happens with all browsers.

The screenshot is from Firefox:
www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-support/66...-shows-part-of-image

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #10 by madLyfe
chrome stable updated to 8.0 today.. still nothing good..

word up!
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by madLyfe.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds