Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question migrate agora to kunena ??

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by lancerus
Now that kunena 1.6 is ready for "production use" ... I want to install it on my main site and convert the agora forum over to it. But ... I'm looking for a migration script. Is there such a thing ? I saw one posted a month or so back but it looks like it was removed.

Any ideas on how I can convert this agora forum and its content ? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by dulici

AceSEF - Joomla! SEO Suite

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by lancerus
Thanks - but - it looks like that converter is for kunena-1.5 (according to the docs: "All data will be converted to Kunena 1.5")

So it looks like my path would need to be:
Install kunena 1.5
convert agora to kunena (with this converter)
Install (ie upgrade to) kunena 1.6

Am I missing something? Is it possible to install 1.6 and migrate agora right to it ?

Thanks!

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by dulici
No, it's only for Kunena 1.5. You should follow the steps you mentioned:

1. Install kunena 1.5
2. Convert agora to kunena (with this converter)
3. Install (ie upgrade to) kunena 1.6

AceSEF - Joomla! SEO Suite

More
13 years 6 months ago #5 by snilloconator
Have you tried this and was it successful if so?

More
13 years 6 months ago #6 by lancerus
I have not tried it yet ... I'm mixing in a number of changes at the same time ... major template upgrade / content restructuring, forum swap, and upgrade to the installed gallery. Throw in the fact that mootools gets upgraded (mix/match) for some of these and its a messy path. Hopefully I'll get it all playing nice next week.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7 by snilloconator
I may try this upgrade this weekend. I'll post up if I do and the outcome.

More
13 years 6 months ago #8 by sc00bs
I have tried this process on my site.

Switch over from Agora to Kunena 1.5.12 went 100% all post were transferred and everything seems to work fine (cursory look that is).

Tried to upgrade from Kunena 1.5.12 to 1.6, completed process without any errors but I am now no longer able to access any of the posts from the Kunena menu. Can see the indexes/categories and the posts but the links to the posts return a 404 error.

I can downgrade back to 1.5.12 and the posts are there and everything is working again so I think it is just a problem with the links from the menu pointing to an incorrect location for some reason.

JohnB

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #9 by sc00bs
FYI - Just disabled "Search Engine Friendly URLs" in the Global Configurations menu and everything seems to be working with 1.6. I think that this problem may be due to the menu structure of the rockettheme theme I am using for the site

JohnB
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sc00bs.

More
13 years 6 months ago #10 by Matias
Have you tried to get new version of your main template or to copy Kunena Menu into your main menu?

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds