Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Attachment upload button not working

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by joemiller
Hi,
I've made a fresh install of Kunena 1.65 running in Joomla 1.7
All works ok, except the attachment upload button, which doesn't do anything. No error messages, nothing. It obviously does work in most Kunena installation, as I've just tried it on this new post and it works fine, so there's something wrong with my set-up but I'm not sure where to start looking.
Things I've checked so far;
Mootools is running, and bug reporting in Kunena reports no errors or conflicts
Uploads are enabled in back-end.
I've not tried a different template yet, I'll do that tonight when my users are finished running around their new site. Bless :woohoo:
Here is my configuration report;
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : eleven45 | author: Seth Warburton | version: 1.1 | creationdate: May 31st, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry. I cannot find a Kunena forum on this website.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by joemiller
:-) no, it's behind a password protected folder. The site's not yet fully tested and live. If you might be able to help I can PM you the login for it?

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
That would be a good idea.

Have you delved into why your installation of Kunena does not let you use the attachment upload button (and gives no messages at to why it won't work) by using Joomla debug with Kunena debug, too?

Maybe one of us could help better if we had access to your site (and that would also help if you could provide us with a test user account, too), but you could also start the process along better by doing two things:

(1) Set all the Kunena configuration settings back to their initial default values; and
(2) Publish a menu item on your site that points to your Kunena forum. See Kunena menu issues on the FAQs page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joemiller

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by joemiller
Thanks for your offer and you time.
I've PMd you login details. I've also tried resetting the forum to its default setting as suggested, but that didn't change anything. Running Joomla in debug mode didn't throw up any issues either. I admit it, I'm stumped! :(
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by joemiller. Reason: Correcting typos

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by joemiller
Ok, I've changed the template, taken out everything in the header and that's sorted the problem. So it's something to do with my template. I'll investigate further and report back.

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by joemiller
Got it!!! After much copying and pasting of code, I've managed to isolate the problem to this part of my CSS file;
Code:
/* Hide for both screenreaders and browsers: css-discuss.incutio.com/wiki/Screenreader_Visibility */ .hidden { display: none; visibility: hidden; }

I've removed it, and the button now works.
I can only guess it was interfering in some way, although I'd still love to know how!
Thanks for anyone who looked at the problem for me.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Good to hear that you've sorted this out. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: joemiller

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by LarsAgerstrand
Hi!

For me who is not a guru on this, I have the same problem as you had, my attach file button is not working.

Which css should I look for and what should I look for?

/ Lars

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by Ende
I have the same problem and can´t find the "blocking" text in a CSS file, that makes my button not working....

actual 1.7 with new kunena... www.karstens-garage.de

I would be thankful for a little help...

:( :( :( :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds