Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cannot Change Avatars After Site Copy

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by AndyInSpain
Hello all,

I have a site running Kunena 1.6.2 under Joomla 1.5.23.

I needed to rewrite this site from scratch. So in the new site I did a fresh installation of K1.6.2,and copied all the data over from the old tables. My intention was then to upgrade to K 1.6.5.

However, there's a problem. The forums work perfectly, but user avatars cannot be changed.

In the old site, the avatar integration was set to CB.

The new site does not use CB, so I set the avatar integration to "Kunena". But now, if you upload an avatar or select one from the gallery, the same thing happens: nothing. Saving the profile configuration generates the usual message that the changes have been saved, but the avatar changes have not been saved.

I'm sure this is some sort of config difference between the two sites, so does anybody have any idea why this should happen? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : jsn_epic_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 4.2.0 | creationdate: 06/22/2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.2 | creationdate: 2010-12-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.4)

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.4) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by AndyInSpain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you make a test site and try with Kunena 1.6.5 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by AndyInSpain
Hi xillibit and many thanks for your reply!

Yes, I *could* make a test site and try 1.6.5, but as I am a little short of time at the moment (a deadline rapidly approaching!) can you think of anything else I could try first? I'd be very grateful.

Also, and I know this is difficult to answer, but is it possible that the upgrade to 1.6.5 might cure the problem? Another thing which occurred to me: could this simply be some type of CHMOD problem with the avatars folder? I know there's no error generated, but still...oh, and if avatar integration is set to "Kunena", which folder does Kunena store the user avatars in?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really need to fix this issue within the next few days if at all possible.

Many, many thanks

Andy.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by AndyInSpain

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Matias
I cannot think anything else than CHMOD issue in media/kunena/avatars/* (there's cache directory -- just remove it).

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by AndyInSpain
Many thanks for your reply Matias. I shall check that out again (when I get my PC back from the engineer....why do computers always fail at exactly the wrong time, when there's a deadline due? :) )

I am very grateful for your help.

Take care

Andy.

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by AndyInSpain
I have now upgraded the installation to K1.65 but still have the problem.

Having investigated the permissions of media/kunena/avatars, the folder is set to 755. Inside that folder there are three other folders, all set to 755: gallery, resized and users.

There are the following files also in media/kunena/avatars, all set to 644 : index.html, nophoto.jpg and s_nophoto.jpg.

That's all there is in the folder. Does that help at all? :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by sozzled
I don't know if this helps but, as far as I know, all folders set to 755 + all files set to 644 + owned by Apache:Apache seems to cure the majority of these "cannot change avatar" issues.

One other suggestion:
  • Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Kunena
  • Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Joomla
Sometimes "Auto Detect" doesn't work.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #9 by AndyInSpain
Thanks Sozzled, but all the integration options are set correctly.

Hey - I'm sorry to bring this up here, but I cannot create new topics in this forum. Whenever I create a new topic and post it, I receive a message saying "-post: Category has been locked".

Two different machines, IE8 and FF5. No difference.

As I say, please forgive me for posting this here, but as I cannot start a new topic I have to include it in a reply.

Many thanks

Andy.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by AndyInSpain.

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
No problem. Are you saying that, of all the people who use the forum here at this site ( www.kunena.org ) you cannot create a new topic?

Which category at this forum are you trying to create a new topic within?

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds