Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] K 1.7.1 [BUG] reCAPTCHA causes topic split

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by Admata
I use Joomla 1.5.25 and Kunena 1.7.1

Recently I started to use build in reCAPTCHA for guests. Now I have the problem, that when guests reply to some existing topics, their post creates a new topic. And furthermore I cant even merge the topics, because I can see just 32 latest topics and not the older ones when I try to use admin tools.

I think it´s a some little bug, but here is my settings just in case. (And yes - I know I need to upgrade my Kunena latest ASAP)
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 100 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : hakomaja030710 | author: | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2010-07-03

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC2 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matias, sozzled

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by Admata

Admata wrote: And furthermore I cant even merge the topics, because I can see just 32 latest topics and not the older ones when I try to use admin tools.

That part solved. I was just too blind for the 'Manually enter topic ID' option :blush:

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by sozzled
Thank you very much for the information. Yes, you can fix the small matter of upgrading Kunena Latest module, the Kunena Search module and the Kunena Search plugin in a very short amount of time (in a couple of minutes) but I don't think these things have any bearing on the matter.

We also do not think that the issue relates to enabling reCAPTCHA only for guest posts. This issue also occurs here at www.kunena.org (where we also use reCAPTCHA for registered users for the first n posts), too.

I have reported this matter on the bugtracker: see github.com/Kunena/Kunena-1.6/issues/211

I have made this topic sticky so that it will draw other people's attention to the fact that there's a problem with reCAPTCHA and K 1.7.1. This problem is now being looked at and we'll try to fix it with a new release (K 1.7.2 currently under development). We may also try to see if we can create a hotfix for the problem before releasing K 1.7.2 (no guarantees, though).

Yes, in the meantime, you can merge split topics together in the way you described. That's what we have to do here at www.kunena.org , too. It adds a bit to the overhead of forum moderation but it's not an impossible task.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by prophoto
I installed a new forum in Joomla 1.7 with Kunena 1.7.1. When someone replies in some categories a new topic is created instead of replying to the original post. Ideas?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by prophoto
Hoping for a fix soon...
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by prophoto.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by Matias
This is a bug if user fails to fill all the fields in the first time (captcha or missing title). Already fixed to the next version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Admata

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by dev87

Matias wrote: This is a bug if user fails to fill all the fields in the first time (captcha or missing title). Already fixed to the next version.

this forum is also have that problem....

i hope kunena team can fixed this issue ASAP....

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by Admata

Matias wrote: This is a bug if user fails to fill all the fields in the first time (captcha or missing title). Already fixed to the next version.

Thank you! The problem seems to be in post.php and what I shortly looked at it in GitHub (without really understanding the code :silly: ) it seems to me that the new post.php file could be used also in Kunena 1.7.1 ?

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by NickViche
Everytime one of our users replies to a thread, it will start a new "RE: subject" thread (90% of the time not always). The only thing that we know is different is that he has no admin right and we both do.

Is this a known issue or some kind of user settings.

More
12 years 1 month ago #10 by Jiminimonka
That is how threads work take a look at this forum for example ALL replies (unless edited) are "Re: Name of thread replied to" admin or otherwise.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds