Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Whoisonline makes site run slow and consumes large quantity of PHP memory

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by sanjay83
Hi all
I have just installed Kunena on one of my site. Just after installing the forum I got 500 Internal Error. I searched in this category for related topic and found that this error is related to memory so I increased the memory limit from 64 MB to 128 MB and error gone. But on next day same error appeared again I increased memory limit from 128 MB to 192 MB.
Please note
I have just installed the forum so it doesn't have any post still.
I don't have any memory eater module or extensions.
All css and javasrcipt files are minified and compressed.
This is happening only on Kunena forum index page.
So i just want to know from community members that is kunena is right choise for my site?
If without any post kunena is consuming so much memory than it would work after starting receiving post from users?
Could you please tell me how much memory would kunena require to work properly on my site?
Site URL :- computernetworkingnotes.com/forum/index
Daily Traffic: - 10,000+
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject and topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
*** Topic moved to K 1.7 Common Questions category ***

The answer to your question, "How much memory does Kunena require?" depends on what other Joomla extensions you have installed and what you're running on your forum pages. A guide to answering those questions is Improving Kunena performance .

Your website has a lot of Joomla extensions installed. You should seriously considered removing those extensions that do not provide you with the benefits you need to meet your site's objectives.

The error on your site reads:

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in /home/compute6/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 189

I searched the forum here and this is all I found that relates to that error: AUP integrated with kunena login module fatal error . Are you using AUP?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by sanjay83
Hi thanks for writing
I really doesn't understand this.
“Your website has a lot of Joomla extensions installed. You should seriously considered removing those extensions that do not provide you with the benefits you need to meet your site's objectives.”

See in attached image what extensions I have installed most of them are joomla's default components.
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Matias
Every plug-in and module that gets loaded in the page adds to the memory usage. Also all Apache extensions that are loaded will make your site to use more memory.

I've been successfully running Kunena in my test environment with 16M memory limit (most pages are under 10MB). But once I installed JomSocial and VirtueMart into one of the test sites, requirement went up to 64M (34MB used) for the same page.

500 errors could be related to anything -- unless the error says that you run out of memory.

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by sanjay83
Hi Matias

Thanks for writing, Yes I had seen the memory error. Anyway before installing kunena my site was running successfully on 64MB and I had never face any error. I am getting this only on index page of kunena forum. And now I have 192MB memory but still sometime I got same error and main thing is that currently I have no post what would happen when I would get posts on forum. Could you help me out to finding the faulty modules or plugin which is consuming so much memory ? In my pervious reply I have attached a screen shot of my installed extensions.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by Matias
I think that easiest is to make another clean installation and just install Kunena into it. That allows us to be sure that there's no issues in Kunena itself when running in certain environment.

After that I would add the extensions, one by one and see if memory usage changes.

You listed only components -- with aren't run in the same page with Kunena, except for sh404SEF (by plug-ins). If something else than Kunena is using your memory, you should take a look into modules and plug-ins that load in the same page.

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by sanjay83
Hi Matias

I am attaching the screenshot of all the modules and plugin enabled on site. It would be a great help if you could have look on that and give me a idea which plugin are useless so I could disable that.
I have a backup on my local system and its running properly. On my local sytem I never got any error.
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by sanjay83
Hi sozzled

I have attached the screen shot of all installed extension, modules, plugin. Now could you have look on that and help me out in finding the reason behind it.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
I looked. I was over-whelmed! :huh: I really don't know where to begin if you insist on keeping all those plugins. I don't know what half of those things do and most of those extensions are non-standard extra things that you've installed yourself. If you want me to diagnose your website for you, I can do that ... for a price. Please PM me with your requirements and I will advise you of my current hourly rate to investigate and advise you what to do next. Please note, I make no guarantees that I will be able to solve your problem but that still does not mean I will do this work for free.

Perhaps someone else, with some spare time, may be able to offer you their services for free and, particularly, if they have experience with the software cocktail that you have concocted. I just don't have three hours (or more) spare.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by sanjay83
Hi Matias & sozzled
I finally found the memory eater plug in and its who is on line plug in of kunena itself. As I said before kunena installation my site was running smoothly with 64 Mb and its give me a clue so I started diagnosing with kunena and found who is on line plug in faulty. With who is on line plug in installed page is taking 10.235 second to load as shown by kunena at the bottom of the page and without it, it is taking only 0.23 second.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds