Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question All users have same IP address; the server's IP address!?

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #1 by crux
Hi there,

All the users in my website are posting with the same ip adress.

The ip adress is from the Server, not the users...

Here is my kunena configuration:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : | author: | version: | creationdate: January 2012

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2

Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by crux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Interesting question. :S Do your other websites, hosted on the same server as the one that you're having this issue with, also have the same issues?

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #3 by crux
Hi there sozzled,

Sorry but I dont have other websites.

It is a problem that started recently. Abou two or three weeks ago.

Old posts ip's are fine. New posts including my one gets de webhost server ip.

I've asked my webhost witch recommended me to talk to kunena/joomla devcelopers about this problem.

I've also checked the cpanel recent logins and it's working fine, with several ip's logged in.

I think it's a Joomla or Kunena Login problem.

I've searched online but get no satisfatory awnser.

Hope someone can help.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #4 by sozzled
I don't know why things have changed in your case, sorry.

I suggest that you create a new test site on the same hosted platform that you are using for your current site, that you install J! 2.5.3 (but do not add any other Joomla extensions), K 1.7.2 (without making any modifications to it) and ask other users to post to your test site (using different IP addresses) and look at the results of that test.

I cannot advise you whether or not this is a Joomla issue - I have tested this myself on a Joomla 2.5.3 site, with K 1.7.2, and, when people post to my site, their IP addresses are different. So I don't think it's a Joomla problem and I don't believe it's a K 1.7.2-specific problem. Can you create a test site and can you verify that the same issues occur there?

Does this issue, that all your users' IP addresses are the same, happen all the time with all users? Obviously, the only way that we could see this for ourselves at your website, is for someone to login as a forum moderator because only forum moderators can view the IP address information.

crux wrote: I've also checked the cpanel recent logins and it's working fine, with several ip's logged in

Can you elaborate please? What, specifically, is "working fine"? Are you saying that cPanel show your users have different IP addresses when they login, but the forum posts show something different? :dry:

Apart from using a Kunena template that was not developed, supported or endorsed by the Kunena project, have you made any other modification to the Kunena software?

What you could do is to enable Kunena debug mode to see if any error messages are being generated that may explain the issues you're having.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #5 by crux
I will test installing a fresh website in a new directory.

Will post the results here.

Thank you.

More
12 years 1 week ago #6 by crux
Just tried in a fresh install of kunena and joomla.

The problem still presists. :(

More
12 years 1 week ago #7 by sozzled
Let's hear from any other members of the community who have encountered this situation.

If you are able to verify that two websites, each running J! 2.5.3 + K 1.7.2 (one of which is a "vanilla-flavoured" site with no modifications made to it) and all your users are posting with the same IP address, then this is something that needs to be corroborated.

Can you post the config. report of your test site, please? Can you also provide us with a test account (you can use the

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #8 by sozzled
Is it possible that your webhost has a proxy server sitting between your users and the web server (where your site lives)? Can you confirm with your webhost if this is the situation in your case?
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 week ago #9 by CheechDogg
I had this happen to me before, I contacted my host and they fixed it.

This was also causing other users to log in as other users. Do you by any chance have some type of "CLOUDFARE" activated?

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #10 by crux
Hi there,
Thanks for the reply's

Meanwile I've created an account for you to test my "test site".

Still trying to get some more suport from the host.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds