Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Suddenly problems...

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by cowboysdude
Has this happened to anyone yet? Suddenly all the Topic Icons and the boardcode is gone from my site..

Also when you open up the forum it now goes directly to page 30...

This just started happening all of the sudden. I made no changes either...

Can't seem to figure this one out...

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by cowboysdude.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please forgive me when I say that I detect a note of panic in your message. Let's try to work out the problems. In the first place, it does not help if you choose a discussion topic entitled "suddenly problems". We don't know what these problems are and we certainly did not cause them.

Can I suggest that we start again, please? Please change the subject of your first message to include something a bit more specific about the nature of your problem or problems and it would really help a lot if we knew something about

(1) your environment - what version of Kunena are you using

(2) the specific nature of the problem

(3) have you recently done something to your website?

What do you mean "when you open up the forum it now goes directly to page 30"? Page 30 of what?

When was the last time that things were working for you?

I have a suspicion that you've had a SQL server crash that has corrupted your database and that you'll need to restore your website from the last known good point.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by cowboysdude
Great idea :)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.2.3) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.0)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

I did a restore because the database had gotten worse as the day went on but after restore the boardcode at the top still didn't show up and I"m not sure why. Only part of it though... the part part with B I etc... the emoticons are all there.

Is there a setting I'm missing. I did upgrade my site template to Teline III v2 from Teline III v1.

Many Thanks

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thank you for your configuration report.

You have not mentioned how these problems have peculiarly and suddenly manifested themselves on your website but I think we can group them into two distinct problems.

On the one hand, it seems (from what you have written) that your database is corrupted. What has caused the database corruption, to what extent the database is corrupted and how can we resolve the database corruption, I cannot say - that is not our purpose here at www.kunena.org . Database maintenance (backup and restoration) is a user's responsibility. The question you need to ask yourself is "at what point did I have confidence that my website had structural integrity and how do I get back to that point?"

On the other hand, you have indicated (although, because we do not have access to your forum we cannot confirm this to be so) that you have the classic case of a Javascript conflict that is affecting your ability to use Kunena. In this case we are able to offer some help however the question still remains, in my mind, why did this only suddenly manifest itself?

It is entirely possible that, in changing - I would not describe the change as an upgrade - your site template to use Teline III v2 you have introduced a number of Javascript libraries that are incompatible with Mootools 1.2.4 (a core component of Joomla 1.5.21) and which therefore makes it incompatible with Kunena 1.6.0. Your website shows that your pages are loading at least 14 Javascript libraries; we know, for instance, that jQuery can conflict with Mootools if it is not loaded properly.

It's this Javascript conflict that is responsible for the loss of your BBcode editor (and probably a few other problems you're having with Kunena, too). This Javascript conflict issue is well-known and is a "hot topic". See [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion .

But before I suggest that you follow up your questions in [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion (or before I consider merging this discussion that we're having here with the other one), you have a bigger problem. The database may be corrupted. Somehow we have to eliminate that!

I can explain why you don't have the BBcode toolbar. I cannot explain why this has happened all of a sudden after, I assume, it had been working before except to say that this "suddenness" is probably the result of something you have changed.

cowboysdude wrote:

Also when you open up the forum it now goes directly to page 30...

This is what I cannot explain! I asked earlier for you to help us understand what you meant: "page 30" ... of what? It's this unexplained and sudden occurrence that led me to wonder if your site had experienced an SQL server crash assuming no other site changes to the site had been made.

When you have eliminated the possibility of a database corruption, you should upgrade to Joomla 1.5.22. You should also upgrade to K 1.6.1.

Lastly, while I have your attention, I see that you are still running your website in J! 1.5 "legacy mode". Please read the important information about legacy mode in the Wiki and take action now to eliminate the reasons for your dependence on this unsupported feature of Joomla before you have problems later.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by cowboysdude
The database issue is under control. It was due to the upgrade in template and to this point my site is running Teline III V2 and Kunena 1.60 so I would have to agree that at this point it is a javascript issue. So please merge the two topics if you could.

The database after restore has operated without flaw for 2 days now. I am running my server via Wamp and the computer went down as far as I can tell, and this has happened before, when WAMP is taken down suddenly without closing it properly it can kill a database.

Thank you for all your help and I believe you are very correct this is a java issue.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Suddenly problems...
Rather than merge this topic with the ongoing discussion about Javascript conflicts with Mootools 1.2.4, you should follow up your missing BBcode issues under that other topic and we'll consider the matter about your possible database issues as a closed subject.

I would still encourage you to eliminate your dependence on legacy mode.

Thanks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by cowboysdude
LOL I turned Legacy mode off for the fun of it and it didn't go well at all...

"direct access is not allowed"

SO I'm assuming it's a module doing that... but hard to tell at this point. I would LOVE to be on mootools 1.2x period that would mean probably doing away with most of my modules.. WHICH wouldn't really kill me, I could just look at them and rewrite them.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
The message "direct access is not allowed" means that you have an extension (component, module, plugin, template or language) that was written for J! 1.0.x. Running J! 1.5 in"legacy mode" may provide some relief but, if you look at the Joomla website, you will find that even the Joomla project did not guarantee that it would always work. That's the whole point!

K 1.6 has not been tested for J 1.5 running in legacy mode simply because there are no guarantees that it works in all cases.

Because Joomla 1.0.x was officially retired, and the Joomla project withdrew support for J! 1.0 "extensions" on 22 July 2009, you're in a difficult situation.

One way you can probably track down which extension is the culprit: go to Extensions » Install / Uninstall

You will see that 6 sub-functions you can choose from:
  • Install
  • Components
  • Modules
  • Plugins
  • Languages
  • Templates
Click, one by one, each of the items I've bolded above. Browse the listed items and look for any items that have a red X in the compatibility column. If you find any items like these, disable them (better still, uninstall them). See if that makes a difference.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cowboysdude, FreeThinker

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #9 by cowboysdude
Ok I have turned Legacy mode off... Running totally native at this point.

NOW to figure out the java issues...

I will say that Community Builder login module is part of the problem. On my front page I have a menu that will not work once a user logs in... when logged out it works fine.. so there are a few issues there..
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by cowboysdude.

More
13 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Suddenly problems...
Good to hear that you've sorted out your legacy mode problems.

I've noticed that your forum URL links are not redirecting properly. If you are running a third-party SEF product I would advise you to consider disabling it and look at using Joomla Search Engine Optimization (SEO) . Let's deal with that problem next.

cowboysdude wrote:

NOW to figure out the java issues...

Well, there's Java and there's Javascript (and they are two very different things). As I wrote earlier, please use [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion . Because you have several problems occurring simultaneously, I don't think it's wise to merge this topic with something else. There are different caused for all these problems that you're currently having. Let's keep the issues separate.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds