Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Getting text back

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by sheno
Getting text back was created by sheno
Hello,

One of my members has typed a large amount of text which took him some hours to type.
Anyhow, when he pressed submit, he got the error: "You have entered information to an obsolete form".
I take it this is because he took too long to submit it.

But my question is: Is there any way to get his text back? It took him alot of work to type it, and he didn't save it anywhere.. (Yes I know he should do that)

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Getting text back
I'm sorry, but even with all my years of IT experience, if you lose it then you lose it. If I am working on a really long message (and some of my messages are 1000 words or more) I make periodic "saves" of my work - I copy what I've written and put it into the paste buffer. Of course, that won't safeguard against the possibility that we have a power outage during that time, but it's better than nothing.

As for how much time to allow for someone to edit, those things are largely governed by some/all of these settings:
  • Global Configuration » Session Settings » Session Lifetime

• Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Session Lifetime
    • should be set to the same length of time as the Joomla session lifetime
  • Kunena Forum » Forum Configuration » Users » User related » User Edit Time
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sheno

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by sheno
Replied by sheno on topic Re: Getting text back
Ok, yes I know he should save his work, but he didn't. Ah well, he'll learn from this I hope :).

Thanks for the reply!

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds