Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] "Allow to moderator to view and restore deleted messages" so allows to permanently delete messages.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #1 by ChaosHead
Why? This privilege should be only for Site Administrator. And maybe for Global Moderators.
For example: How then the Site Administrator will recover them in case of their removal by moderators by mistake? :dry:
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by ChaosHead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by C0n
Yes i would like this feature too :D even if its in 1.7

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Maybe I don't understand the wording, but do you want Moderators to not have this option, because they do have it now (if the admin sets it up)

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by C0n
The situation is moderators should be allowed to delete posts but "NOT PERMANENTLY DELETE THEM" that feature should only be for those of higher level access.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by kellenw
Agreed. It seems like the logical way for this to be handled is for posts and threads deleted by Moderators to go into a "trash" folder. Only the Admin can delete posts/threads from the trash permanently and Moderators have no access at all to the trash folder by default, but individual permissions such as "read", "restore" and "permanently delete" can be granted to them on an individual basis.

This would make housekeeping a lot easier I think, while also protecting against accidental or even malicious deletions by Moderators.

A lot of forum packages have some sort of similar ability. Some call it "soft deleting". A "soft delete" simply removes the posts or threads from normal (regular user/public) view, but allows the Admin to review them to see if they should be permanently deleted, held for later review or restored to the forum.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by kellenw.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #7 by sohopros
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sohopros.

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sohopros
Is there any setting in K1.7.1 that allows category moderators to restore deleted topics and/or messages from the front-end in the categories they moderate?

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
See Moderator's tools .

Moderators can delete and restore posts or topics from the frontend. Administrators can permanently delete topics from the frontend.

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by sohopros
sorry for the slow reply, I thought I would be auto-subscribed when I posted.

We have forum moderators that cannot restore deleted posts; once the moderator deletes the post, it is gone (not grayed out as it appears to an administrator). When logged in as an administrator, the deleted posts appear grayed out, but as a Category moderator of a Category created automatically by GroupJive when a group is created, they are gone.

Is there a setting or something we should look at?

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds