Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] How to make rules and help pages for Kunena

More
12 years 11 months ago #11 by RICHLINK
Replied by RICHLINK on topic Menu link to a mdule
Hi,

I cannot seem to find any thread on linking a module to a menu item. I am trying to create content page for the menu items 1. Help 2)Rules

Do I create a module in Joomla and display it in the appropriate menu. I tried this but the text does not appear in the area allocated for text in the help page.

Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

There are a few ways that we could answer your very commonly-asked question, RICHLINK, but one way is for you to read How to create a rule and a help page
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #13 by RICHLINK
Sorry but I have been searching the forum for hours and just could not find this info. I even searched the documentation. The problem with searches is that if you don't use the right search terms chances are you will not find what you are looking for. Sorry for all the trouble.

Thanks very much for the info.

Rich
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

More
12 years 11 months ago #14 by PedroPedro
Replied by PedroPedro on topic Kunenas's Menus
Hi,
What happens with the Kunena's Menus : rules and help they are not working at all in any of my sites ...?

Menus help & Rules are taking by hazard any article in the Jommla! article manager of the site.

WHY ...?

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #15 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

G'day, PedroPedro and welcome to Kunena.

My earlier reply in this topic. There's your answer. :)
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PedroPedro

More
12 years 11 months ago #16 by PedroPedro
Hi,
Thank you for your replay....
Have a good day too,
Cheers...

More
12 years 9 months ago #17 by Datahead
Hello
First off I would like to say your product is one of the best add on's for Joomla I have seen. As a novice when it comes to web design I have found Kunena easy to use and configure. Hats off to you guys, Great work. I did have an issue using Kunena with J 1.6 as the forum kept crashing with a error 500. I simply went back to J 1,5 and Kunena worked great. As Joomla 1.7 is almost here I am not to worried about it. Not to mention most mods and plug-ins are for Joomla 1.5

Anyway, the question I have is Do you simply change the Rules and Help menu tab in the Menu Manager to be directed to an article where the rules and help pages are? Right now they are directing themselves to the front page of the site. I assume this is a default setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ron :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

More
12 years 9 months ago #18 by Datahead
Never mind as I figured it out. but thanks for reading.

Ron

More
12 years 9 months ago #19 by ESOTECH
Oh really now? Mind sharing cuz this has been bugging me too...

More
12 years 9 months ago #20 by Datahead

ESOTECH wrote: Oh really now? Mind sharing cuz this has been bugging me too...

I would be happy to share. Sorry I should have thought about adding the solution with my last post.

When you create an article in Joomla the CMS gives it a Article ID# this is located on the right side of the article at the top. When you open the Kunena Menu go to the configuration page and click on the frontend tab. About three quarters of the way down the page you will find this:

Rules Content ID (Entry box) Enter the Joomla Article ID you want to use for the Rules Page display.
Help Article ID (Entry box) Enter the Joomla Article ID you want to use for the Help Page display.

Enter the Article ID# in the entry box that points to your article where your rules and help articles are.

Thats about it. Easy as pie... Just took me a while to find them... LOL

Regards
Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds